Accubonds on Elk

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
creepingdeath
Fawn
Fawn

Accubonds on Elk

Post by creepingdeath » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 am

Anyone reccomend them on elk? I am gonna work on a load for my 300wsm. I was gonna try the 200gr.

I've always been a Partition fan. But thought I'd see how it performed at the range. Right now I shoot a 165 partition. My 300wsm dose show promise with the 180's and along with the 200gr Accubond I'll load up some 200gr Partitions.

Anyway any thoughts or experience on what I've shared vi'd love to hear your thoughts!

thanks

CD
"Thou shalt hunt where there are Trophy Mule Deer or forever be plagued by mediocrity".

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Re: Accubonds on Elk

Post by NONYA » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:38 am

Stick with the partitions,the accus have "hicups" in the bonding process that make some of them come apart on impact and they dont penetrate worth a crap.Even though more accurate than the partition they are not an equal as a hunting bullet.

creepingdeath
Fawn
Fawn

Post by creepingdeath » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:53 pm

Have you much experience with 30 cals? Mine is a 300wsm. What gr partition would you shoot outa a 300?

Thanks
"Thou shalt hunt where there are Trophy Mule Deer or forever be plagued by mediocrity".

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:15 pm

165-180 gr perform very well out of a 300 wm on most anything.

HighLander
Monster
Monster

Post by HighLander » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:25 pm

Since I switch to the Accbonds for my .338 I have killed three elk and the one to travel the farthest after being hit was the past october ....she was 55 yards when I shot here and she went 100 yards before piling up dead...in my opinion they are a great bullet.
ALWAYS CHECK YOUR ARROWS BEFORE SHOOTING.......TRUST ME!!

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:48 pm

i live 25 miles from there factory. i've went and talked with them many times. sorry to say i dont like nosler partitions at all. the accubonds are a better bullet. you can hear many stories about what someones experiance with them are but they all depend on shot placement. you can take the old remington core-lok bullets[ which have to be near the top of a crummy bullet list] and you could hear a thousand people say they love them and have had nothing but great 1 shot kills with them. it's all shot placement! BUT......... your looking for a bullet that can make up for a little human error. partitions are famous [sp??] for coming apart on impact. i've seen it alot. accubonds are not the best by any means, but they are better than the partitions. if your looking for a good bullet try shooting swift A-frames or Barnes bullets or for the same type of bullet you would be shooting in a partition or accubond, shoot a swift sirroco----- lots better bullet then the nosler.

zatarain6
3 point
3 point

Post by zatarain6 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:01 pm

i use a winchester accubond 140 gr. in my 270 and have had no problems for deer or elk .