Nice buck also thanks for sharing
Glad to be back...

http://www.troutjournal.com

huntingbum
Fawn
Fawn

Re: A lot of bull

Post by huntingbum » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:51 pm

There's a great way to summarize this story...

WHEN MEN BOND, SOMETHING HAS TO DIE!

Thanks for the story. The condensed version. I'd give 2 twelve packs to be able to hear the story over a campfire, drinking beer with all your buddies.

CONGRAT's on a great friendship... and a great BULL!

fly741
Fawn
Fawn

Post by fly741 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:36 am

Don’t let Bonehead kid you guys he’s pretty much a jack A@@!!! Just kidding of course.. I am absolutely blessed to have a friend like him. We all have obstacles in life and it would be very difficult to overcome them with out the love and support of friends and family and by golly I have it all!! I defiantly owe all of this success to Bonehead, most people know how much work goes into hunting but add a wheelchair bound friend in the mix and it triples the amount of work but Bonehead, the crazy SOB he is seems to enjoy it and one way or another we always to get it done. Mike you know how much this means to me and yes, now that the antlers are at the taxidermist I have looked at the pictures 5 times already today. I am still floating in Elk la la land!!! This has been an amazing year for me and like I have mentioned I couldnt have done it without you!!

silvertip-co
2 point
2 point

Post by silvertip-co » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:16 am

COngrats on a great bull. :thumb
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Heads or Tails
2 point
2 point

Post by Heads or Tails » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:08 pm

Great bull and Congrats!!!

When i was outfitting i had the OPPORTUNITY to help a few hunting that were disabled to one degree or another, it was a very rewrding experience and some of the most memorable hunts I had!!

Great job!
Heads or Tails Hunting Co.

rosehorse
Fawn
Fawn

Post by rosehorse » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:36 am

I am also disabled, but use a horse. Usually my husband has the tags and I blow the calls. Last year I had a doe tag and actually got one, my first big game kill since being disabled. It's such a huge accomplishment, I am totally impressed, congrats!

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:00 am

Nice bull. Hunting in a wheel chair can't be easy, good job!
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae

speedgoat
Spike
Spike

Post by speedgoat » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:34 am

This is a great story... and a great inspiration for me gonig out this weekend in hopes of the same success. I don't care what people think about Tred Barta, he has a quote that rings true over and over and over...

"I never shot a duck or caught a fish sitting on my couch"

What it means to me is despite the odds or conditions, get out there, buy a tag and you never know. You know for certain that bull can't wander into your living room (and a lung shot would make a mess indoors anyway).

I love stories about guys just getting out there, punched tag or not, the trips make memories we can carry everyday.

I asked a friend of mine who got me into the woods the first time if he wanted to go this weekend on a rifle elk hunt in CO. He said "no thanks - already been there, done that". I said , well it beats sitting ont he couch all weekend. He did not agree. What a shame. I love hearing the stillness of the night before the sun comes up and having the potential to pull back the trigger, all the way.. on my lever action.

Congrats again!
speedgoat

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:43 am

Time to change your login name. Although it's evident by Bonehead your talking antlers, it sounds like you are too good of a friend to be called Bonehead lol . There is absolutely nothing boneheaded about what you did. Congrats to you and fly on what must have been an incredible experience. Those rainbow support shots are amazing. I'm very impressed with the 08 buck and the elk. Maybe I should recruit you to push me around a mountian in a deer carrier becuase you definitely have a nack for getting a friend on game. This has been one of the best hunting stories I've read this year. 10sign:
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

zatarain6
3 point
3 point

Post by zatarain6 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:33 pm

those are some sweet looking pictures . nice us eof the rainbow and a nice bull also .