Your Favorite Elk Calls and Why?

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Re: Your Favorite Elk Calls and Why?

Post by NotEnufTags » Fri May 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks for all the advice. I'm having dificulty with the diaphram calls. Apparently the roof of my mouth is too narrow. I did pick up some mini sonic domes but I'm not very comfortable with the calls yet.

I picked up a primos I maka da bull crazy call and it's great. You can pinch the end for different sounds/volumes and can make cow/calf chirps, mews, and estrus calls.

It seems the best advice so far is have several calls to choose from and use them sparingly unless something is clearly working.

Thanks again for the advice. It sure is being fun learning/anticipating for a an elk hunt.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

wannaBelkhuntin
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Your Favorite Elk Calls and Why?

Post by wannaBelkhuntin » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:12 pm

I have a small mouth and I could not use a normal diaphragm but I have found the mini sonic domes to work well for me. To get used to it just put it in your mouth on the ride to work and practice. They sound so much better, at least for bugles. I use a red Primos and an Elknut Lil-Chuckler tube. The Primos Cow Girl is my favorite cow call, but I carry a few different ones. Is it September yet ?