First Big bull down!

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:28 am

I've seized several antlers while conducting an investigation....once completed and cleared, they were returned. Those that were not returned (court case adjudicated) were sold by the Department. I'm sure you have more experience than me in this area though. :thumb

I will agree with you on one thing. If the hunter is found to have been too close to houses when he fired his rifle then the appropriate fines should be imposed....swiftly and justly with the maximum fine imposed. Unfortunately, no matter what happen (right or wrong) it gave the hunting community the wrong type of headlines in the morning paper.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:37 am

Amen BOHNTR,

It is certainly a case of huge bad judgement. It sounds like greed overtook all common sense.

I want to harvest the best animal I can whenever I hunt. When I think back on all my hunts the memory of the animal is always there but just one part of it. Where I hunt, how I hunt, and who I hunt with is as important if not more so the overall experience of the hunt.

I think we can put too much emphasis on score which in turn takes away from the hunt and reverence for the animal.

It's too bad, nobody wins in a deal like this.

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:30 pm

In MT any violation during the hunt constitutes seizure of the animal,in most cases also the weapon used and the vehicle driven.Just because it may be a minor violation doesnt mean the trophy is returned,we also have an imposed "trophy fee" on top of the violation fine,thats $8000 for any bull elk scoring over a certian B&C level,this bull more than qualifies.I dont know that AZs laws are exactly the same,are they?

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:25 pm

you get fined for takingin a big bull? :>/
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:52 am

:-k
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:29 am

No u get fined for poaching a big bull,and poaching is breaking ANY game laws during the hunt.Any updates on this BS?