In the dog house

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
ridgetop
Monster
Monster

In the dog house

Post by ridgetop » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Well, I've really got myself into trouble now. I filmed these bulls on this first video this past 4th of July weekend down on a general season unit but accidentally taped over my daughters 4-H compition. oops #-o My wife was not happy at all but she said; "at least your going to be hunting one of those big bulls this year" Then I informed her that I will probably be helping my friends that drew the Vernon deer tag instead. If looks could kill. :)) I'm really torn on what to do. I don't have enough time to take off work and I really don't need the meat this year. Plaese, don't ask which unit, this is one honey hole I'm keeping quiet for now. Check out the main beams on the second bull and then the next big 6x6 must go around 320-330?
Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqznEM5 ... re=feedwll
I filmed this second video two weeks ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TucPC5D5SSs
There's always next year

ARCHER11
2 point
2 point

Re: In the dog house

Post by ARCHER11 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Sounds like quite the predicament haha I have a friend that drew the Vernon tag as well. You guys hunting archery, muzzy, or rifle?

I babysat my little brothers once... I figured elk cant be that much different can they? Just tell me where to go and ill keep an eye on those bulls while you chase some big bucks :thumb

Id say you've definitely got yourself a honey hole! Those are some awesome bulls! Thanks for sharing, it gives me hope that I can kill a decent bull without waiting 15 years for a tag haha.

seriously though... Ill be expecting a PM with the GPS coordinates within the next few days. I wont even charge a babysitting fee. lol
I'm a member of PETA: People who Eat Tasty Animals

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:50 pm

ARCHER11 wrote:Sounds like quite the predicament haha I have a friend that drew the Vernon tag as well. You guys hunting archery, muzzy, or rifle?

I babysat my little brothers once... I figured elk cant be that much different can they? Just tell me where to go and ill keep an eye on those bulls while you chase some big bucks :thumb

Id say you've definitely got yourself a honey hole! Those are some awesome bulls! Thanks for sharing, it gives me hope that I can kill a decent bull without waiting 15 years for a tag ha
seriously though... Ill be expecting a PM with the GPS coordinates within the next few days. I wont even charge a babysitting fee. lol
They're hunting the muzzleloader. How about you guys?
There's always next year

ARCHER11
2 point
2 point

Post by ARCHER11 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:45 pm

He'll be rifle hunting. His wife killed a nice 3 point 2 or 3 years ago about 2 miles west of vernon reservoir. I've never been out that way but i'm looking forward to helping him out. I archery hunt so ill be able to help without having to worry about my own hunts. Well have to keep in touch... Were planning on doing a couple scouting trips out there so ill let ya know what we find.
Last edited by ARCHER11 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a member of PETA: People who Eat Tasty Animals

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Dang nice Ridge, how many bulls were in the group? Hunt the Elk, I'm film you on camera killing a big bull. :)

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Brett, there was 12 bulls in that group and then the next morning I found another 6 bulls in one group and 8 in another but I didn't have another tape to use in our video camera. ](*,) I also saw some really nice bucks. My wife could care less about the deer but really really wants my to get another elk in the freezer. :-k Also, I sent you a PM.
There's always next year

bullsnot
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bullsnot » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:07 pm

Ridge...if my buddy had other help then I'd help him scout and then head off to chase those bulls during the hunt. If he didn't really have any other help then I'd stick with my buddy and hunt the elk next year. But there is a 3rd option.....just tell your buddy that you'll help him with his hunt but if he tags out quick then he helps you go chase those bulls.

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:57 pm

bullsnot wrote:Ridge...if my buddy had other help then I'd help him scout and then head off to chase those bulls during the hunt. If he didn't really have any other help then I'd stick with my buddy and hunt the elk next year. But there is a 3rd option.....just tell your buddy that you'll help him with his hunt but if he tags out quick then he helps you go chase those bulls.
I will be hunting them for sure next year. [-o<
There's always next year

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:21 am

ridge id hunt the bulls. those are great open unit bulls.

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 am

You guys are not making my desision any easier. lol
There's always next year