Hoochie mama and baby hoochie

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
therookie
Spike
Spike

Hoochie mama and baby hoochie

Post by therookie » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:37 pm

So I went to cabbalas without the wife witch was a bad idea ended up walking out with 1000 dollars less then I came with :-$ well one thing I bought was the hoochie mama and baby hoochie for my elk hunt on the north slope in a few weeks I've never hunted elk doing it all on my own did some scouting last weekend found a good spot after putting some miles on my feet saw a few bulls nothing huge but I'll take it. Just wondering if u have or do use them if not how come? Do they work? Tacktics on how to use them any feed back will help guys appreciate it and good luck

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Re: Hoochie mama and baby hoochie

Post by waspocrew » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:30 am

Best of luck to you on your hunt! I'm still new to elk hunting... You are going to love when they bugle and respond to calls. I don't have the calls you mentioned, but my advice would be to YouTube it and watch demos on how to use it and then practice like crazy!

highcountryarchery
Spike
Spike

Post by highcountryarchery » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:09 pm

I have a hoochie mama and love it I take it with me everytime I go out but its like the other calls I have its more how you use em than anything.

ARCHER11
2 point
2 point

Post by ARCHER11 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:08 am

My .02

I agree that it's more about how you use the call then anything . I think that is especially true with the hoochies . If you know how to use a diaghram call then you could really get some good herd talk goin with a call in your mouth and one in each hand. Most people buy the call expecting to walk around and call in big bulls with a push of the call every now and again. That's how its advertised. In reality, because its such a user friendly call, everyone uses it and heavily hunted elk hear it all the time and know its not the real deal. They have a great sound to them IMO and you can use that to your advantage. Just don't use it like every other Hunter out there and it shouldnt hurt your chances.
I'm a member of PETA: People who Eat Tasty Animals

ARCHER11
2 point
2 point

Post by ARCHER11 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:12 am

I'm archery hunting the north slope as well. Went out two weeks ago and saw close to 50 elk. What are your plans? Shoot me a Pm maybe we can compare notes.
I'm a member of PETA: People who Eat Tasty Animals

therookie
Spike
Spike

Post by therookie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:36 am

Pm sent. Thanks for the help everyone

Turokman123
2 point
2 point

Post by Turokman123 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:46 pm

I have used it and really didn't have to much success. But with the baby Hoochie Mama......that is a different story with bears :-$
2010 Strother SR-71 390 grain arrow @ ~60# >-------> 298 FPS with 74.6 KE. Slick Trick Army.
"Is it elk season yet?"