Elk Fight to the death! pics

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Elk Fight to the death! pics

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:39 pm

Okay, thanks goes out to Chet for these pictures. A harsh reality of the 'rut' and life of bull elk.

Tell us more please...

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:44 pm

wow ya whats the story
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:05 pm

I'm almost speechless!!! What a battle that must have been! Brutal example of "survival of the fittest".

Did the bull on the losing end of the fight get one of his antlers broken after he was down? The reason I'm askin' is the winner never let up at all, even when the loser went down. In the first pics, the loser has two full antlers but in the pics with him on his back looks like he lost part of one.

Sure would have been something to see!

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:26 pm

holy cow !!!!!!!!!! story-story-story did someone acually see this or did this come over the internet?? no matter thats the wildest thing ive seen!!!!!

chet
Monster
Monster

Post by chet » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:04 pm

you can see the broken peice of antler laying on the ground underneath the standing bulls chest.
In one of the pics, you can see the inner core of the broken antler, still full of blood, not quite cured yet. However Brett didnt post that one, maybe it was too gorey?

all I know is:
a hiker in a national forest happened upon these elk and took some pics, gave the pics to a ranger.... at least thats what the email said.

the file was sent to me in a .pps format..... slide show type, so i sent it to brett to see if he could figure out how to get them on this forum. I knew you guys (and ladies) would be interested.
The things he can do with that mac!!!! lol
Thanks Brett!!!

chet
Monster
Monster

Post by chet » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:07 pm

In fact the peice that broke off had an extra point on it.
But if you found the broken peice, you'd think it was a typical, and look at it in an upside down fashion...... kinda neat!

ABert

Post by ABert » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:32 pm

AMAZING!!! Truly survival of the fittest, though looks like the winner is smaller. Must of had the gumption to knock the old man off the mountain. I noticed the broken antler in the second photo, still hanging there, but missed it laying on the ground under the bull. I've gotten a bull or two that had the battle scars from fights before but have yet to actually witness something like that. Thanks for the photos, Chet, and the magic to get them on the forum, Brett!
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:52 pm

Here is the other one Chet was talking about, sorry I missed this one. It wasn't on purpose.

brett

J0n
Spike
Spike

Post by J0n » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:36 pm

Wow! Those are some of the most amazing pictures I have ever seen! I'm speechless...

Cvrn
3 point
3 point

Post by Cvrn » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:34 am

man those are brutall,
boy, elk are a magnificent critter arent they?

Has anyone seen the one in Idaho in Elk city at a School Playground where two Bulls go at it, and one gets his head caught in the swing so the other Bull see's it and runs over to him and throws this big Bull with his Head Gear and kills him i think. saw it a while ago and have not been able to find it again, anybody seen it or no where to find it?