2 little Utah General Bulls

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
shedhunter
Spike
Spike

2 little Utah General Bulls

Post by shedhunter » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:19 pm

The elk hunting situation in Utah is sensitive to me. The general units are real tough to tag out on, and on the other hand the draw units yield some impressive bulls. I went on a spur of the moment decision to hunt Utah's general elk hunt on the Zion unit (which I have hunted for 7 years now). I am glad I did. With school and work I could only go about 4 days total and trying to think how to optimize my hunting success, decided that I would drive up the mountain and check things out for the hour I had before I had to go to class. It panned out when me and my dad came across 2 lone 5 point bulls feeding in a medow. I am glad I made the decision to buy that rifle tag and glad to see my first Utah elk come, even after waiting seven years! We ended up getting them both and if there is any intrest I'll see about posting pictures.
~shedhunter~

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:57 pm

I vote yes, I'd love to see the pics.

Jackalope
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Jackalope » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:38 pm

I second that.

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:36 am

general consensus says, lets see some pictures. i have a different attitude about elk than i do when it comes to muleys. i will hold out for a really big muley, but elk on the other hand, i feel it is impressive to kill any elk, and doing so is usually not an easy feat. althought the elk herds of wyoming are flourishing, i still think it is something else when somebody tags out on a elk. last season one of my buddies and i were able to kill a raggy looking 5 point bull with his bow. my buddy was the one that got the bull and he was almost ashamed of the bull. i about had to backhand him, i did not understand why he would be ashamed of such a great elk, and with his bow none-the-less.
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:59 am

shedhunter:

Post those bad boys up! =D> I'll speak for all of us here, WE LOVE SEEING CRITTERS and hearing the stories and fun that went along with getting them.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:59 am

We're still waiting. =P~
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:49 am

.........................AND WAITING, AND WAITING, AND ................!!!!!!!!!

O.K. NOW I AM STARTING TO GET IMPATIENT!!!!!!! LETS SEE THE PHOTOS
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

I'll get them on......I hope!

Post by shedhunter » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:01 pm

~K~ I'll apologize for the no photo thing, but my digital camera got ruined and the olny thing I have is paper photos, so if I can come across a scanner it would be nice! But until then I'll have to apologize for further delay on the pic post! SORRY!
~shedhunter~

dead shot
Spike
Spike

Post by dead shot » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:54 pm

that genral season is so full of people. thats good to hear someone actually killed something. lets see em :)