Pops scored on the Boulders Premium Limited Entry!

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Pops scored on the Boulders Premium Limited Entry!

Post by hound_hunter » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:31 pm

After years, and years, and years of putting in when I was home and able to go on every hunt annually pretty much anywhere in the western states my dad draws his premium limited entry tag the year I finally committ to go to boot camp ](*,) Had I known he was going to draw this tag this year I would have DEFINATELY delayed my entry for 1 more hunting season. Anyways, I don't have a lot of time and don't know all the details on the hunt yet but we get saturday and half of sunday off at the school of infantry here on camp pendleton and I checked my e-mails and sure enough dad filled the tag! Our family we're huge hunters, I pretty much live for it! Always the first thing on my mind! But elk hunting for whatever reason we've never really gone. I tried last year with my bow cause I want to get into it but no luck (in '04 I did take my first and only bull on a Utah youth tag and that's a hunt i'll never forget!) But i'm rambling, so dad hasn't hunted elk for... quite some time!He used to be into it a little but we've all always been more mule deer fanatics and spend every season in every state we can chasing them. So what i'm getting at is he was pumped to have a Premium Limited Entry tag in his pocket this year! A problem though, he just opened up a new office for his work and has been EXTREMELY busy the past year and he didn't know if he would have time at all to do the hunt, even with being able to hunt all 3 seasons. This and the fact that I was pretty mad I was missing out on the hunt of a lifetim made him consider turning the tag back in. But he didn't and it payed off!
I'm really running out of time, haha. So we don't know the score yet and I can't post pictures right now but a big congrats to pops on his bull of a lifetime! I'll post pics later tonight hopefully! Sorry

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Re: Pops scored on the Boulders Premium Limited Entry!

Post by 79Ford » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:21 pm

Hey now, quit teasing us like that........ We need some pics!!!

Congrats to your dad, too bad you couldn't be there with him.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:30 am

Alright, here we go! sorry about that.
So yeah, dad didn't know if he would be able to find more than 1 weekend to go out and hunt even with all three seasons. he made the time finally somewhere in the archery season, didn't see a whole lot but felt really good about where he was at and he had some good reports on the area. Sometime I think he said it was the last weekend of the archery season and the beginning of the rifle season, something like that, I don't know, he took off on a Thursday and planned on going the whole weekend, well the weekend ended and he wasn't ready to quite so luckily he has his priorities in order and has the advantage of owning his own business. He called in sunday night, cancelled all his appointments the next week, and stayed on the mountain! That's all the news I have on the hunt so far, sorry nothing really about the actual hunt yet, but I do have the pics finally! Enjoy

Oh gees, file size too big. Sorry, give me a minute to figure this out. If anyones online and can help me out (I can forward the e-mail my dad sent me) then let me know, that would probably be faster than me doing it, haha. I'll give it a shot though

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:18 am

Twitch
Spike
Spike

Post by Twitch » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:20 am

Wow... Killer Bull! :not-worthy

MULEY7MM
4 point
4 point

Post by MULEY7MM » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:53 am

WOW that is a great bull tell your pops congrats :not-worthy
Glad to be back...

http://www.troutjournal.com

6x6 bull
3 point
3 point

Post by 6x6 bull » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Tell your dad Congrats. That is one great looking bull.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:54 pm

Impressive, that bull is HUGE. :thumb

Torch
3 point
3 point

Post by Torch » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:32 pm

Awesome bull! Congrats to your pops! :thumb

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:25 pm

That's awesome man.....congrats to "pops" and thanks for sharing it with us. 10sign:
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer