UTAH LE ELK UNITS

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
mapleton archer
2 point
2 point

UTAH LE ELK UNITS

Post by mapleton archer » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:21 pm

What is the best unit for archery elk in the state in your opinion. im eligible finally this year after my five year waiting period and wondering where the best unit is now days. some say pahvant some say other places what do you think? i have always hunted plataeu fishlake area and has produced some good elk for us, and we are real familiar with that area wich makes it hard even to consider another area and the time needed to invest to have a successful hunt in a new area.But if your success rate goes up i guess its worth it. (and their are positives of getting to see and learning new areas)

HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Re: UTAH LE ELK UNITS

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:51 pm

Ive always like fish lake unit. But the best Archery units in the state is a matter of opinion. I think the pavhant boulder and the dutton are some very good units but they also have a lot of country. If you have the time to learn anyone of these three units I think youll find some big bulls.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

elkaholic2981
Fawn
Fawn

Post by elkaholic2981 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:15 am

The boulders is a good area but i have never gotten the limeted draw there. Sigh maybe this year.
Was that a bugle or a sick duck??? try again.

CaHntr
Spike
Spike

Post by CaHntr » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:35 pm

I was successful in the fishlake unit this year. That is the only area that I am real familier with being that I come in from out of state and that is where I spend most of my time hunting. A few buddies always put in for Monroe but have yet to get drawn.

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Post by Wild Antlers » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:14 pm

There all really good here in utah plenty of big bulls to go around, I dont think drawing any LE elk tag in utah would dissapoint you, If it was me id just put in for the one with the best odds of drawing ,good luck :thumb
WILD ANTLERS