Big Archery buck

Talk anything related to bowhunting
ElkaHolic
Spike
Spike

Post by ElkaHolic » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:23 pm

I guess I need to ad this because I am being ask alot about how come I get to use a crossbow.

13 years ago I had both hands cut off in an accident, it also broke my back, crushed my pelvis, broke my hip, and legs. I thought my hunting days were gone! The doctors at the UofU reattached my hands and arm. I could not walk for over a year and have had 19 surgeries. I qualify for a crossbow permit because I can not physically pull a traditional bow back. Crossbows are not magical bows that allow you to shoot great distances and require just as much practice and yardage adjustments as any other bow. They also have a much more limited range than most compound bows today. At forty yards these guy's drop of sharp. So I have not taken many shots most bow hunter could have. I shot this buck at 25 yards and am proud that I did so with a bow. Any healthy person could have shot this buck with any legal bow!

Also that is not a scope, it is 1x multi range site.
There is a reason they call it Hunting, and not Killing :)
http://www.thehuntersspace.com

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:16 pm

That is one burn of a story. I'm glad that you are able to get out and enjoy the things that you like to do in life. To hear about the dedication and the drive that keeps you going is an insperation to me. It sure puts things into perspective when I think that the world is picking on me. I just hope that if I ever get put into that type of situation that I would be able to perserver(sp) the way that you have. Keep up the good work and HUNT ON! :arrow
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

ElkaHolic
Spike
Spike

Post by ElkaHolic » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:23 pm

Thanks so much, I am getting hammered on other sites and I should have know that the class act folks here on MuleyMadness would not do so. I appreciate the kind words and encouragement you have given me!

TMaC
Fawn
Fawn

Post by TMaC » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:59 pm

They are probably just jealous......I know I am :)

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:41 am

Getting hammered for what? I can kind of relate about people getting on ya about this stuff. I also posted the elk poll on the utah division forum and they are almost pounding down the door to get me to tell them where the pictures of the elk came from(which unit). It makes me wish that I had never put it up there in the first place. The good part is that pictures like yours have took the heat off of me. Hopfully they will lay off of you soon to. :))
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

Fishdoggy
Fawn
Fawn

Why would anyone hammer om anothers success?

Post by Fishdoggy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:04 am

I am glad I located this website, I don't search for stuff to look at, I can usually find a link. But I did search for mule deer, and now that I found it, I am glad to see good people are on this forum. Great looking buck, I can't beleive a bigger one stood beyond this one, and public land, no limited entry unit, outstanding!!!
Born once, die twice, born twice, die once.

utbowhunter23
Spike
Spike

Great buck

Post by utbowhunter23 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:16 pm

Elkaholic,

I read the other posts on other sites and this is what I put on there on your behalf.

Elkeholic, That is an awesome buck. Any man or woman that reads these posts would kill to have a buck like that. I think that it is awesome that you are still able to hunt and still enjoy life to its fullest. I have a really good friend who was crushed by a thirty foot wall while framing a big commercial building and it broke his back in three places well this happened about three weeks after he got married and he hasn't given up in fact he is very happy. He is paralyzed from the waist down. I think that all of us can learn alot from people that have had these tragedies/blessings like yourself and my friend. Never give up and you can accomplish anything. Anyway great buck and keep up your spirits and just blow off these wise guy remarks its just jealousy.
Best of luck to everyone else. I've had buck fever all year and I have been out every weekend since opening and have seen a lot of deer and I hate to say it but I have missed 8 shots.... 3 of which were within 35 yards, but oh well thats how the cookie crumbles again great buck and hopefully i'll be posting a buck on here next week as I am going out again this weekend.

Utbowhntr223
"LIVIN TO HUNT & HUNTIN TO LIVE"
utbowhunter
"LIVIN TO HUNT & HUNTIN TO LIVE"

ElkaHolic
Spike
Spike

Post by ElkaHolic » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:15 pm

Thanks again for all the great comments!

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:37 pm

Don't care what equipment you used......HECK of a buck man.....congratulations, you deserve it!
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

ElkaHolic
Spike
Spike

Post by ElkaHolic » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:50 pm

Here is another view of him, this one shows the dropper on the right side, it does not quite drop down, but it is over an inch long.