Broadheads

Talk anything related to bowhunting
cabowhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Broadheads

Post by cabowhunter » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:18 am

I use the Magnus Snuffers on just about everything, I mainly go after hogs & bear alot, they work real well, also experimenting with Spritfire 125 mechanicals on hogs.
ROSS Cardiac 60#, ROSS C337 60# Bear Instinct 65# , All Leftys 29" DL
Excalibur ExoMax 225# W/ Excal Lumizone
NAP Spitfire 125's
California Licensed Guide #011290
http://www.myspace.com/cabowhunter

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:00 am

johnyutah5 wrote:Check out these new broadheads that will be coming out from a company here in Utah, EPEK.

http://www.epekhunting.com/

I think they are on to something with this design. With the blades completely concealed they should truly fly like a field point. Can't wait to try them out myself. Rumor has it that they will be out before the hunts start this fall.
they look cool but the only problem for me is they aren't legal in oregon and some other states. i've used mechanicle broadheads before and just haven't had the same results. they work but on a marginal shot they aren't going to help the situation out whereas a good cut-on-contact fixed broadhead will get the maximum[sp??] penetration and leave the best bloodtrail. and with some of the fixed heads they are coming out with now days, they are flying just like field tips are anyway.

Cvrn
3 point
3 point

Post by Cvrn » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:26 am

cabowhunter wrote:I use the Magnus Snuffers on just about everything, I mainly go after hogs & bear alot, they work real well, also experimenting with Spritfire 125 mechanicals on hogs.
Why would you do such a thing cabowhunter?
Last edited by Cvrn on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
SNUFF"M

GRAYLIGHT
Spike
Spike

Post by GRAYLIGHT » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:28 pm

I have been reading this and I decided to chime in... I am using Interloc heads and they are a dream to shoot. I tune every broad head precisely utilizing hot melt with the insert to move the head according to my chosen position, they are accurate and deadly. Try them, you won't be disappointed!
Bow hunting is not my SPORT it's my PASSION!

bowhuntercop
Spike
Spike

Post by bowhuntercop » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:53 am

I shoot grim reapers and love them!!!! They fly true and do a great job making the animals easy to track. I have killed deer and coyotes with them and never have had to track more than 100 yards to find the animal. Gonna try them on Hogs in a couple of weeks!!!!!

sagebrush
Spike
Spike

Post by sagebrush » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:26 am

THERE IS.. CAN ONLY BE...ONE...

WENSEL WOODSMAN.....

EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST... SCHRAPNEL.... lol

StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Post by StickFlicker » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:03 pm

Plus, what do they mean by the lifetime guarantee?
Here is a quote from Mike Sohm at Magnus with regard to their warranty:

"guys and gals we get alot of emails on questions on warranty as we are coming into the hunting seasons I just wanted all to know. Here is how it works.

No questions asked guarantee. You send us a magnus broadhead with any issues and we replace it. THE ONLY THING IT DOES NOT COVER IS LOSS. We will always take care of you.

If you have emailed us and you donot recieve an answer the same day, please call us because something is wrong. We answer our emails hourly and we will take care of you. We are all about quality of the product and quality of our service. I hope this has answered any questions. Thank you"
Official Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett & Longhunter Society Measurer,
Records Chairman, Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book

kjdouble
Fawn
Fawn

Post by kjdouble » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:25 pm

I shoot the Magnus Stinger , I've always shot the 2 blade broadheads and love the flight of the stingers. Penetration is awesome with the stingers also, plus they have a replacable blade and you don't have to worry about resharpening them.
Only 70 days to Colorado's Archery season :thumb
KJ
Nature's Best Wildlife Artistry
Mount Airy, MD 21771

Bustin Bucks
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bustin Bucks » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:29 pm

Shot wac ems in the past swithched to grim reapers last year and was not impressed with how they hold up so i will be going back to the wac ems or the interlocks.

elkchaser
Fawn
Fawn

Post by elkchaser » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:50 am

100 gr NAP Nitrons for both deer and elk 10sign: