archery guru's

Talk anything related to bowhunting
9er
Monster
Monster

archery guru's

Post by 9er » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:20 pm

i have some carbon express arrows, but im only down to 3 left so i figured i better go get some and find the "ONE" arrow that is gonna be the killer, anyway they now have some shafts with the blazer vanes, so my question for the smart ones here is, will my point of impact be different with the blazers vs the normal vanes? thanks for your help

9er
Watch your top knot!

Mark
3 point
3 point

Re: archery guru's

Post by Mark » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:45 pm

When I switched to the blazers there was a slight change in POI. It won't take much to get you back on target.
Hoyt

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:56 pm

mark jones wrote:When I switched to the blazers there was a slight change in POI. It won't take much to get you back on target.

thanks mark =D>

i didnt end up buying any cuz i wasnt about them, looks like im gonna make a trip back and pick some up

9er
Watch your top knot!

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:22 am

There may or may not be a change in point of impact. Just check all your pins. The problem I had with one bow is that they are a very high profile and wouldn't clear. I shoot the AAE Maxhunters from that bow. They are slightly lower in profile.
Mark

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:23 pm

i just switched to blazers and didnt notice any difference in poi. if you shoot a whis bisc they hold up alot better i have not had any tears or wear like my old vanes did. only thing is, the vanes are a bit tall so i have my vanes slghtly cocked so they dont hit the strings

swbuckmaster
2 point
2 point

Post by swbuckmaster » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:10 am

m gardner if you were having a problem with the vanes hitting your riser you are shooting to stiff of an arrow.

J-Daddy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by J-Daddy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:24 pm

I've been shooting Blazers for years through alot of different bows and I always have a different POI than with 4" or 3" vanes...The Blazers always seem to have a higher POI...I think alot of that comes from the fact that they dont brush off speed as fast as larger vanes do so they retain alot of their speed at longer yardages. I've shot them out to 90yds with my X-Force and at that distance they will hit 7" to 8" higher than 3" & 4" vanes will through my setup. At closer ranges, say from 20 to 40yds there's not alot of difference, but once you get back that far Blazers seem to retain more speed.
As far as clearence goes, I dont have problems with them on my X-force or alot of the other bows I've owned...Only time I had clearence issues were on binary cam bows like the Bowtech's & Elite's I've owned, then they hit the cable if I shot them cockvane up. If your hitting your riser with them you need to adjust your rest & nock height for more clearence and check the center shot on your rest cause something isnt setup right.
PSE Archery Feild Staff
Carbon Force Arrows Feild Staff
Vibracheck Stabilizers Feild Staff
MossyOak Camo Pro Staff
John's Customs Pro Staff "Custom Bowstrings"
Tight Point Shuttle T-Lock broadheads Pro Staff