Hits on the card!

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Cvrn
3 point
3 point

Re: Hits on the card!

Post by Cvrn » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:28 pm

6x6 bull wrote:Thats a great tag Cvrn. Good luck and keep us posted how it is going on your hunt. How many points did you and your son have to draw the San Juan tag.
I got the letter today......my boy drew with 0 points, thought it was me that drew for sure.
He and I spent 12 days on this same hunt last year with my dad, brother and two nephews (ALL FOUR) drew last year. Unfortunately last year was a very tough year down there and the only Bull taken was the Bull I called in for my younger nephew. This year we know the area alot better and should have a great hunt. I will definately keep everyone up to date on how things go.

Congrats to everyone who drew and good luck to all!!
SNUFF"M

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Cvrn wrote:
6x6 bull wrote:Thats a great tag Cvrn. Good luck and keep us posted how it is going on your hunt. How many points did you and your son have to draw the San Juan tag.
I got the letter today......my boy drew with 0 points, thought it was me that drew for sure.
He and I spent 12 days on this same hunt last year with my dad, brother and two nephews (ALL FOUR) drew last year. Unfortunately last year was a very tough year down there and the only Bull taken was the Bull I called in for my younger nephew. This year we know the area alot better and should have a great hunt. I will definately keep everyone up to date on how things go.

Congrats to everyone who drew and good luck to all!!

GREAT tag 10sign: :not-worthy =D>

keep us posted on your findings this summer!!

9er
Watch your top knot!

6x6 bull
3 point
3 point

Post by 6x6 bull » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:41 am

Bowtec43 congrats on the elk tag also. If I remember you killed your first deer with the stick and string last year and now I hope you can add a Big Stinky to your list of bow killed animals.

bowcrazy
Spike
Spike

Post by bowcrazy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:26 pm

Congrats to all those that drew a tag.

I came up empty again for Deer, Elk, Moose, DBH, RBH, Goat, Bison...at least this year non residents can build points for all species. Next year is another year...I should be getting close for Pahvant elk with 6 points including this year!!!
"Everyone has ability, but pride in performance makes the difference. Pride is developed from a winning tradition."-Lombardi 1964.

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Mon May 04, 2009 3:12 pm

6x6 Bull -

You're right, good memory. I got my first deer with a bow in the Wasatch Front. Steep stuff! What a great feeling. This year we'll be doing the more coventional trailer/four wheeler hunt which actually sounds pretty good. We've hunted the La Sals area for years so it should be a good hunt. I'm having a hard time thinking about anything else. I can't wait!!! I've never killed an elk before, just have had a hard time finding spike down there since that is what everyone is gunning for. But with the ability now to take a bigger bull.... man it's really exciting! A couple years ago a nice 6x6 bull presented a 30-40 yard shot, but unfortunately I held a meager spike tag.

Now the practice kicks in hard! :arrow
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Mon May 04, 2009 4:30 pm

Bowtech43 wrote:6x6 Bull -

You're right, good memory. I got my first deer with a bow in the Wasatch Front. Steep stuff! What a great feeling. This year we'll be doing the more coventional trailer/four wheeler hunt which actually sounds pretty good. We've hunted the La Sals area for years so it should be a good hunt. I'm having a hard time thinking about anything else. I can't wait!!! I've never killed an elk before, just have had a hard time finding spike down there since that is what everyone is gunning for. But with the ability now to take a bigger bull.... man it's really exciting! A couple years ago a nice 6x6 bull presented a 30-40 yard shot, but unfortunately I held a meager spike tag.

Now the practice kicks in hard! :arrow
Something tells me that murphy is going to be your friend and you'll see plenty of spikes this year before your get your chance at a nice big bull.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:57 pm

No, no, no, no, quiet.... Don't talk about Murphy, I don't like him.
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)