New Camo - Kings or Predator

Talk anything related to bowhunting
'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Re: New Camo - Kings or Predator

Post by 'Ike' » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:41 pm

This is what I just went with...The new Sitka OptiFade! Don't get me worng, love my Predator, but it's mostly cotton stuff, no wicking capabilities, that's where stuff like Sitka comes in...This and the Mothwing also blends well with the sage. The OptiFade should be even better... :thumb
Attachments
SitkaOptifade.jpg
SitkaOptifade.jpg (49.02 KiB) Viewed 7007 times
2010 & 2011 Destroyer 340 - HardWoods HD
BlackGold Sights, RipCord Rest, CarbonTech Shafts, G5 and BuckNasty Strings

proutdoors
3 point
3 point

Post by proutdoors » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:17 am

Nothing can beat Predator and ASAT for versatility. Don't worry which Predator color/pattern to use, it is the break-up that you want, and any of them will work in any terrain. I like ASAT a bit more simply because it is more durable clothing and saves you money in the long run.
The Mind can only serve one Master, either gratitude or despair--but not both.

Nevada
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Nevada » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:31 am

You guys might not agree with me and this may cause a stir but I recently purchased the Optifade pattern from Sitka. OUTSTANDING!! I live in Nevada but hunt at 10,000. Been in the Rubys three weekends scouting and practicing stalks and I am sold. 15 yards from a 180 class in the sugar pines at a 60% view angle and he had no clue. I could sit out on a open face with deer at less than 200 yards and they never paid attention to me. Really looking forward to August 1st!!!!! I realize that it is expensive and it is a new idea but I figure I have my camo set up until I wear or wash em out.

'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Post by 'Ike' » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Nevada wrote:You guys might not agree with me and this may cause a stir but I recently purchased the Optifade pattern from Sitka. OUTSTANDING!! I live in Nevada but hunt at 10,000. Been in the Rubys three weekends scouting and practicing stalks and I am sold. 15 yards from a 180 class in the sugar pines at a 60% view angle and he had no clue. I could sit out on a open face with deer at less than 200 yards and they never paid attention to me. Really looking forward to August 1st!!!!! I realize that it is expensive and it is a new idea but I figure I have my camo set up until I wear or wash em out.
I'm pretty impressed with it so far, we'll see here in a few weeks also...
2010 & 2011 Destroyer 340 - HardWoods HD
BlackGold Sights, RipCord Rest, CarbonTech Shafts, G5 and BuckNasty Strings

utbowhunter23
Spike
Spike

Post by utbowhunter23 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:05 pm

I actually just picked up some mtn shadow and I really like it especially in the darker pine areas. I have been using predator brown deception for a couple of years and I have been sold on it. I put a stalk on a buck last year and got within 30 yards of the buck then realized that I had 4 other does within 20 yards and luckily I saw them before they saw me. Anywho had one doe walk within about 7 yards looked at me and she turned away and walked off. Great camo for a decent price. I bought my predator from jakes archery in Orem they have pretty decent prices on their gear and they have a pretty good selection of camo if you ask them to look at their catalog. Thought about ASAT as well IMO you can never have enough camo!
utbowhunter
"LIVIN TO HUNT & HUNTIN TO LIVE"

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:28 pm

I haven't tried the others but I really like my predator Camo. I have most of the different colors and they all work well. Many times my partners are with in 100 yards or so when we are closing in on a herd of wapiti and I can't see them unless they move. Good stuff! :thumb
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:47 am

Alright this is the way my brain works, now if 'breakup' is most important I'd say Kings comes in last place. Although I still like it, cause I'm in sage brush a lot.

I'm leaning towards Predator, but would like to buy/try the Sitka if it wasn't so dang expensive.

Click image to enlarge.
Attachments
camo.jpg

utbowhunter23
Spike
Spike

Post by utbowhunter23 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:38 pm

IMO predator brown deception would work the best for down in southern utah and in the sage brush. Predator also has a polyester top that is a little more expensive I believe around $35 but it is a lot more breathable.

Best of luck on choosing which camo brand and pattern you are going to go with! I know it is a tough decision :-k
utbowhunter
"LIVIN TO HUNT & HUNTIN TO LIVE"

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:18 pm

I hunt down south as well and just bought some King's Desert camo because of the sagebrush aspect. It's comfortable and seems to be quite durable and quiet, however if I had the money i would probably go with Predator because of the break-up factor as others have said.
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Guess I'll put up my ghilles and try some of this new stuff this year.