Buying a new bow (diamond black ice or bowtech allegiance)

Talk anything related to bowhunting
GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Re: Buying a new bow (diamond black ice or bowtech allegianc

Post by GPWDeer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:51 am

I got the black ice last night. I took my internet printout into the pro shop to show them what was included in the package on the internet and see what they could do to match or beat it.

The package was $799 on the internet with no sales tax. Idaho has 6% sales tax. I figured if he could get me to within 6% of the internet price I would buy it at my local pro shop and support a local vendor in the process. I also like the idea of being able to have them service it. I had a website that was selling the black ice for $549 (almost $100 under the pro shops price). He matched it. Then we started working on all the accessories that were included in the package (quiver, sight, rest, release, arrows, broadheads, case, stabilizer, wrist sling, peep sight, dampners, and silences) His shelf price for all the accessories was about $355. He gave me 10% off of that for buying the bow which brought it down to about $320. Add that to the bow price and his "best price" was $872. that was a little more than what I was willing to pay. I told him that if he could get it under $850 I would buy it right there and then. He made a call to his manager who approved it.

So, then we began putting the bow together. Some of the items he had quoted me prices on for the accessories were not items that they stock (he was giving me their cheapest product prices so that he could get close to the http://www.huntersfriend.com price) so he unded up upgrading me on the sights to nicer TruGlo which was priced at $85 vs the $59 he quoted me, the same thing happend on the rest. I ended up with a fall away rest made by trophy taker which retails for $82 or so and he had quoted me $29. The rest was slightly used, but I don't mind. Then he upgraded my broadheads and gave me 6 instead of the 3 that the package included. He also gave me some nicer arrows than what was in the package. All told he probably gave me about $150 in extras for free. He then set it all up with 30" overall draw and threw in some free field tips.

Overall I was extremely happy with the experience and the bow. I will be shooting it everyday for the next 20-25 days. I will let you all know what I think of the bow after I have shot some arrows through it.

Happy hunting! GPWDeer
Making the swtich to the strick and string! Watch out!

6x6 bull
3 point
3 point

Re: Buying a new bow (diamond black ice or bowtech allegianc

Post by 6x6 bull » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:36 pm

Great Job in getting what you wanted from your local dealer. It's always good to buy from them when you can. These guys are there when you need advice or a quick fix in an emergency. The internet is great if you can work on the bow yourself, or to collect information on how much is a good price for a given item. Just remember Rome wasn't built in a day, it takes a long time to get good at any sport. Just have fun!!!!!!!