Opinions please

Talk anything related to bowhunting
proutdoors
3 point
3 point

Re: Opinions please

Post by proutdoors » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:40 am

kinzysdad wrote:Proudoutdoors, thank you for your input. I ws going to ask about a draw lock. You beet me to it. My Ortho will give me a letter if I want one. As a matter of fact he is the one that asked me if I wanted one. He's a hunter also.
Let me know when/if you want to get a draw loc and/or bow. I can help out. I recommend the draw loc over a cross bow for many reasons, but that is just me, and I have a friend who has used a cross bow for several years and has just recently made the switch to a draw loc. He is much happier with the draw loc attached to my 2006 Hoyt Hyper Tec. Good thing I just got me a Katera! :arrow
The Mind can only serve one Master, either gratitude or despair--but not both.

kinzysdad
3 point
3 point

Post by kinzysdad » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:42 am

I will for sure. I wonder if I can talk my wife into it for a xmass present? [-o<

Thanks so much.
when the crow dips, you have luck sometimes maybe.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:35 pm

i believe NONYA could help you out on some question about a draw loc also. i believe he shoots one.

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:39 am

All I can say is that I was injured badly and had surgery on both hands and elbows. My back and neck I wouldn't let them operate on. I got tired of the doctors opinions and was only getting worse until I went to a sports orthopedic surgeon. He said if I could stand the pain that I would get better. It took 10 years but I have bow hunted and killed two mulies in the last two years. I shoot a light bow. The one I have now is a Mathews with 40-50 pound limbs. At first I had to use my chin to push my hand to get the arrow to full draw. You may want to be patient and never say never. I asked God to just let me be able to go back to work and support myself and He did so much more.
Mark
Attachments
utah buck.JPG
utah buck.JPG (75.96 KiB) Viewed 5597 times
dead deer   2.JPG
dead deer 2.JPG (69.43 KiB) Viewed 5597 times

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:36 am

I tried to help out but my post was DELETED by someone with a chip on their shoulder,pm me and Ill try again.

kinzysdad
3 point
3 point

Post by kinzysdad » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:16 pm

Guys, thank you all for your input. It's pushed me in a direction.

First. Mark G. Killer pics and very cool story. I've only been hurt for a couple years. Man conrats and way to stick with it.

Proudoutdoors. I'll be looking you up soon. Thanks

I'm going to look to by brothers pawn shop for a cheap bow, get a draw lock and start shooting after xmass. If I like it. Thats what I'll do.

Thanks again everyone for ALL of your input.
Justin :thumb
when the crow dips, you have luck sometimes maybe.

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:50 pm

You wont regret it,they are very easy to shoot.Just remember,the last thing in the world that really matters is someone elses opinion of how you either choose or are forced to hunt as long as you take the measures to get approved for it and enjoy what you are doing.Most of the "hunters' who dont approve of the modified archery equipment law have no idea what it is like to need it,it would change their mionds REAL quick.

BONER
Spike
Spike

Post by BONER » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:01 am

Most "purist" bowhunters would balk at the idea of crossbows being allowed during "their" season.

Having said that . . . I have heard of many people changing hands, shooting lefty! It allows you to really learn archery from a deeper perspective, as you have to relearn every part of it.
It may give you a very viable option.

Whatever your choice, don't give up on archery, its the hardest sport you can ever love!
"GOD, GUNS, & GUTS made America - Lets keep all three!"

Mark
3 point
3 point

Post by Mark » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:06 am

BONER wrote:Most "purist" bowhunters would balk at the idea of crossbows being allowed during "their" season.
It's not archery equipment. They're more like guns (rifle stock, trigger, etc).
Hoyt

moosedick
Fawn
Fawn

Post by moosedick » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:45 pm

Hi,

Like Forest Gump said, sometimes life deals us lemons, im sure there are guys out there with
out a arm or leg who cant carry that 50 cal around hunting jackrabbits anymore... so they make adjustments ( no i dont mean put wheels on it...gezzzz ) lol So you need to decide if the hunt is more important to you than what you hunt with.... personally I cant imagine anyone but a New York City dude giving up being in the outdoors just becuase they cant use their one weapon of choice... the great outdoors expereince is just ABOUT SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT...
Besides, WHOS GONNA SEE YOU WITH A CROSSBOW... THE ELK ?

just..adjust, live with it, and move on ... ( heres chance to get wife to ok getting new hunting
goodies... once in a lifetime chance my friend...dont blow it.!!! ))