Mathews SwitchBack

Talk anything related to bowhunting
fly741
Fawn
Fawn

Post by fly741 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:33 pm

Anybody know what the diference is between the older switchback and the XT? I have the older switchback and am very pleased.

Bowedark
Spike
Spike

Post by Bowedark » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:57 pm

fly741
go to mathews web they will have spec. Not that much different. You do have a great bow. tell us when you do a robin hood

Stickkicker
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Stickkicker » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:44 pm

The xt is shorter axle to axle, and a little more forgiving. It also has three dampeners in the cable guide as opposed to I believe two in the original switchback. Couldn't proove if that makes a difference or not. The original switchback is supposed to be a few of feet per second faster. I have shot both and they are excellent bows. :arrow

grizzlyplumber
Fawn
Fawn

Post by grizzlyplumber » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:23 am

Hey guys Im new here. I shot the Switchback and it is real smooth and accurate, but for the money I cant justify giving up my LX to move up. I think anything Mathews makes is going to be a good bow, I first bought a Q2XL then an SQ2 and now an LX. I will probably wait another year or two and get whatever is "new and improved" then, I dont know how much better bows can get though unless they start field dressing the deer for you.