Wasatch Extended hunt

Talk anything related to bowhunting
WannabeBowHunter
Fawn
Fawn

Wasatch Extended hunt

Post by WannabeBowHunter » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Well, no buck for me this year. I have hunted the Wasatch extended area and wasn't able to come up with anything.

At this point I'm debating with myself on what to do now. There are two weeks left for doe hunting on the front. Utah's deer numbers are not in the best of shape. I'm not sure if I will be going out to get a doe to put some meat in the freezer or let them be. Part of me would like to put some meat in the freezer. The other part of me would like to see the does get through the winter and raise the fawns for the next couple of years worth of hunting.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

swbuckmaster
2 point
2 point

Re: Wasatch Extended hunt

Post by swbuckmaster » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:43 pm

leave the does alone.

I have hunted the front for the last 10+ years. The deer numbers are declining because of the last two winters "Not because of the hunting pressure." If the does are left alone it will recover faster and there will be more bucks to chase in the future!

When the numbers are at objective or above objective I say kill what ever you like.

Jeff
2 point
2 point

Re: Wasatch Extended hunt

Post by Jeff » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:41 pm

I agree, leave the does alone. This was the first time I've hunted the Front in about 10 years and I loved it. I can't imagine it getting better. I missed my shot, so tag soup this year.