Rage or Muzzy's

Talk anything related to bowhunting
stewberd23
Spike
Spike

Rage or Muzzy's

Post by stewberd23 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:33 pm

So I want to shoot new broadheads this year and I'm debating on the Muzzy MX-3's or the 3 bladed Rage broadheads. What are your guys opinions on these broadheads. I'll be using them on muleys. Any input would be good.
Do Work

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Re: Rage or Muzzy's

Post by PhillyB » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Lots of info on the site regarding this topic...

But you will probably find valid arguments for both broadheads, and someone will mention G5's.

Personally, I have had bad luck with mechanical broadheads. I switched back to Muzzy and glad I did.
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:26 pm

I used to swear off mechanical until I tried Rage 2 blade broadheads. I have used them with stellar results for several years now. Personally I would go with the two blade and not the three.

There is a big following for both you have mentioned and quite honestly I don't think you would go wrong with either. I guess what has impressed me most about the Rage is the blood trail they leave.......never never had any broadhead perform like them.

If you do a thread search you will find a lot of activity on this subject.

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Post by PhillyB » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:55 pm

southwind wrote:I guess what has impressed me most about the Rage is the blood trail they leave.
Very good point. The 2" gaping hole left by the Rage is going to be hard to beat.

The advantage of the Muzzy's is the ability to break bone. I can say from personal experience, Rage will not break bones, they just skip off them or fold the blades back almost flat.

Just my two cents.
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:11 pm

Muzzy muzzy muzzy

firefighterbraun
3 point
3 point

Post by firefighterbraun » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:41 am

Well I can't give any personal preference since I shoot Crimson Talons and love those. But from what I've heard, both are really good and just depends on if you want a fixed or mechanical broadhead. More important than what kind of broadhead, is where you are able to place the broadhead when shooting. :thumb

QS31archery
Fawn
Fawn

Post by QS31archery » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:24 pm

I like the rage 100gr. two blade as well. They do fly just like field tips. I think they handle wind a little better than the muzzy's. But I also carry a 125gr muzzy if i have to finish anything off.

shackdaddy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by shackdaddy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:43 am

Ive killed plenty of deer with muzzys and I would never say a bad thing about them, but you cant compare the blood trails you get with rage. The damage they do is amazing. I do agree that they are not the best for going through bone but on a good solid clean hit they are the best in my opinion.

NMHUNTNUTTG
Fawn
Fawn

Post by NMHUNTNUTTG » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Just curious , but what broad head are you currently shooting and why do you want to change. I used to shoot Rocket Ultimate Steel 100s and had good success with them but just wanted to change too, so I went to Slick -trick 4 blade 100's. I was not sure about a 4 blade, but looked at many different broadheads and after some reseach decided to try the slick trick. I have hunted with them twice now and have been pretty fortunate to take an elk and muley with them, these little bity 4 blades fly awesome and are devistating on impact...Just some food for thought...

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Muzzy gets my vote. They are bad to the bone.
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!