Rage or Muzzy's

Talk anything related to bowhunting
hardstalk
Spike
Spike

Re: Rage or Muzzy's

Post by hardstalk » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:48 am

Glad you like the wacems mularcher. Ive been playing with them this year as well and like the replacable blade. Shoots identical to the g5montec out to 80 but i can shoot the same head in practice swap the blades and hunt knowing its on and sharp.

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:03 pm

PhillyB wrote:With that setup, each broadhead would be worth about $20-$25 bucks!

That's an expensive head if you miss and it hits something hard... But to each his own.

I can still get 6 muzzy heads that are plenty sharp for $25. Hard to beat that :thumb

Yeah I’m not saying I’d be running out and buying two sets of broadheads to make one good one but I like the guys ingenuity to make a better product. My guess is you’ll see a Ulmer with the same size blades next year maybe sharp too.
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:59 pm

hardstalk wrote:Glad you like the wacems mularcher. Ive been playing with them this year as well and like the replacable blade. Shoots identical to the g5montec out to 80 but i can shoot the same head in practice swap the blades and hunt knowing its on and sharp.

I do like the Wac’ems Thanks to BOHNTR I gave them a try. I was able to shoot them at distance the last couple nights and they are dead Nuts the same as my field points out to 90 yards. What was shocking is I had a tighter group with Wac’ems than the mechanicals I’ve been shooting not by much but they were tighter which I never thought possible. Maybe I’ve haven’t had my past bows in tune or something but I never could get other big named Fixed blades to fly this good? Can’t go wrong with Wac’ems cut-on-contact and the Solid stainless steel ferrule.
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

stewberd23
Spike
Spike

Post by stewberd23 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:22 pm

I've heard a lot of positive things about Wac'ems, I think i'm going to have to give them a try!
Do Work

hardstalk
Spike
Spike

Post by hardstalk » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:29 pm

mularcher do you have a 90 yard range at your house? or do you head to sam boyd and blow out the bales :) im right on the vegas hendertucky border.

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:59 pm

I wish I could shoot 90 yards at the house lol no I carry a couple targets in the desert near College and I215. I'm able to change the distance and height of the target's.

hardstalk
Spike
Spike

Post by hardstalk » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:44 am

Ive got a hundred yard range at the house. And a 36'x8 foot tall x 18" thick styrofoam back stop if you have more reviews to do. On sunset & pecos.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:16 am

Glad they worked out for you mularcher. Post up some photos after you let the air out of a good critter this fall!
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Post by PhillyB » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:00 pm

hardstalk wrote:Ive got a hundred yard range at the house. And a 36'x8 foot tall x 18" thick styrofoam back stop if you have more reviews to do. On sunset & pecos.
Hardstalk and Mularcher,
We should get together and fling some arrows. We tried to hook up a few times, it just didnt work out with scheduling. I have a couple different targets I can bring for something to shoot at. Also, I have a number of different BH's you guys can try at longer distances if you want. :thumb

I went out this morning with my deer target and shot 110 yds at the range behind Sam Boyd. Its not a bad spot if you bring your own target. You can tell its getting close to hunting season though, it was a packed house this morning at 6am.
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm

BOHNTR wrote:Glad they worked out for you mularcher. Post up some photos after you let the air out of a good critter this fall!
BOHNTR
I'm scrambling for a hunt, Out of 12 draws I got tag soup this year. I picked up an mule deer OTC for Arizona back in January & didn't see much. Not real familiar with the area but I'll give it a try next month. Trying to put a archery hunt together in South Dakota too.
hardstalk wrote:Ive got a hundred yard range at the house. And a 36'x8 foot tall x 18" thick styrofoam back stop if you have more reviews to do. On sunset & pecos.
Wow that's a nice range at the house. Must be close to Newton's place? Yeah that would be fun to check out.

PhillyB wrote: Hardstalk and Mularcher,
We should get together and fling some arrows. We tried to hook up a few times, it just didnt work out with scheduling. I have a couple different targets I can bring for something to shoot at. Also, I have a number of different BH's you guys can try at longer distances if you want. :thumb.
Sounds good to me I free most weekends or weekday evenings.