Priced out

Talk anything related to bowhunting
maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Priced out

Post by maintguy47 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:52 pm

Well nm has finally priced me out of the hunt I've put in for the last 10yrs in a row. I did draw four times out of ten and took three bulls over the years. They bumped it up another three hundred dollars. I'm fed up with em stickit to out of staters. Now I'm gonna rile up some guys that live out west. If you hunt on fedral land everybody in the U.S.A. should pay the same price for the same tag and have the same chance as anybody else. The guy thats over that area lives a couple acears over from the land I own in nm and he informed me that the Elk herd hasn't changed much in the last six years. They split the bow seasons last year so they could double there greedy money puitting over 400 people in the area in the same 28 days. Now they are almost doubleing the money this year by nearly doubleing the price of the tag. The officer isn't getting any more money, the guys that drive the logging roads and pick up trash aren't getting any more money, there has been no road improvemnts, no campsites, nostocking of fish. What the hey. At least give law inforcment a raise out of all of this. Anyway it's over the counter CO this sept.

killerbee

Re: Priced out

Post by killerbee » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:25 pm

just like Montana. It is STUPID to raise prices, especially in this economy. take a look at idaho.
I will say,Unlike montana and idaho, new mexico dont have a combination of increased prices PLU increased wolves to turn hunters away. but just the cost alone will make guys not apply.

the old saying "it's becoming a rich mans sport" gets closer to being true all the time :>/

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:34 am

Yea, I'm getting pretty close to that with my Idaho tags. I'm still forking over the extra cash but I'm not sure I can take another increase...if it happens. What a shame too, I really love hunting there and since I live right on the WA/ID boarder it's rather convenient.

'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Post by 'Ike' » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Yup, caused me to change my plans and areas I've wanted to hunt, that's for sure... :-k All you can do is try and prioritize a lil and maybe start a hunt fund that you shuttle a few bucks in here and there....
2010 & 2011 Destroyer 340 - HardWoods HD
BlackGold Sights, RipCord Rest, CarbonTech Shafts, G5 and BuckNasty Strings

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:03 pm

I'm out of NM as well, looks like non.residents(unguided) will be getting only 2%of the tags also.

I havent been back to Idaho since the price increase and i dont think i will return unless I really need a tag, then i will just buy a otc tag
Watch your top knot!

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:31 am

Looks like the price of gas is going to exceed the price of the tag in some places. If you need to travel 700 to 1000 miles one way at $4.00 to $5.00 per gallon it'll get expensive.
Mark

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:49 am

it might make it worth while to buy a geo metro, throw a 6 inch body lift on it, and drive it outta state lol
seriously, gas is rediculouse, the increase in tag price is just stupid, ESPECIALLY IN THIS ECONOMY,and if new mexico goes to a 2% cap to non-residents, it will be basically wiped off of most peoples list of states to apply in. IMO

'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Post by 'Ike' » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:47 am

What's the new Mini-Copper? :-k
2010 & 2011 Destroyer 340 - HardWoods HD
BlackGold Sights, RipCord Rest, CarbonTech Shafts, G5 and BuckNasty Strings

LAAngels
Fawn
Fawn

Post by LAAngels » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:56 pm

I was just looking at the NM regs. I have never hunted outside MT and was looking to start some hunting in other states. Looks to me like the NR elk tag is $780 but I haven't read through everything to make sure that there aren't any added fees but that doesn't sound that bad to me. I've just browsed through a few states regs and they all look to be within a couple hundred of each other.

A question for all you guys that hunt multiple states...do I need to get a lawyer to read through these regs? Cripes, I thought MT was bad but my brain goes numb reading these things.

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:35 pm

I read thru the regs of where I'm gonna hunt and write down any questions I have. Look up the applicable law inforcement #s and ask them directly. I have yet to talk to anyone that didn't ansrew all my questions no matter how dumb I thought that they might think I was. Alot of the states are the same, mostly common sense and ethics.