Limbsaver Products

Talk anything related to bowhunting
derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Limbsaver Products

Post by derekp1999 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:58 pm

I've been out of archery hunting for about 5 years & when I put my bow down last I thought it was pretty quiet. I picked it up again recently & gave it a quick once over... I may as well head to the woods with a banjo! There's a lot more noise than I remember. I have a split limb Buckmaster (about 8 years old and on the cheap side, but it's what I could afford in college) and the only vibration suppression on it are the old school elastic strings tied onto the string.
I'm considering purchasing some Limbsaver accessories for my bow, specifically the Super Quad Limb Silencer and string and cable leaches to reduce some of the noise. What is your opinion/experience with these products?
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

jayb22
Spike
Spike

Re: Limbsaver Products

Post by jayb22 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:58 pm

I don't have too much experience with most of the dampening products but have heard a bunch of good things about bowjax. They have split limb adapters and everything else you are looking for.

bo130
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Limbsaver Products

Post by bo130 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:17 am

These products will help some but I wouldn't expect any drastic results. I believe in the products, I have them on my bows, mainly limbs and strings. But they won't make a "banjo" silent.