Who says 13 is unlucky

Talk anything related to bowhunting
highcountryarchery
Spike
Spike

Who says 13 is unlucky

Post by highcountryarchery » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 am

Went out on the 13th to find me a turkey and when i go to my spot i could see four or five birds out in the field already so i hurried and grabbed my bow and tried to put the sneak on em but ended up spooking a group of hens. So I went back to the truck and grabbed my decoys and set them up then sat in some bushes expecting a long wait. I made a few calls and had a tom respond down next to the river and pretty soon I could see a red head poking over some brush. When he finally came out he could me decoys and he puffed right up and started putting on a show. After a few minutes of this he slipped back into the brush and I thought my chances were ruined so I just shot a few more calls out and sat back thinking that was strike two. As I was watchin the wind blow my decoys about blow my decoys over I noticed something out of the corner of my eye and and here came that tom again on the full strut headed towards us. I hurried and nocked an arrow and when he walked behind a lil tree I drew back and waited for him to pass my first hen decoy which i had ranged at 20 yards earlier, he passed her and went strait to my tom which I had set on top of a hen. He sat there and put on a show and as soon as the wind gave me a break I sent the arrow on its way and hit him dead center. He jumped up and hit the ground runnin, as I watched him run i thought hurry up idiot nock another one. He ran about 15 yards and dropped and after a half hour started to the funky chicken and I knew it was over. He wasnt the biggest tom out there he weighs 19 pounds with a 7 inch beard and 1 inch spurs but for my first turkey with a bow I was beyond excited.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Who says 13 is unlucky

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:02 pm

Cool story, lets see the pics.