KUIU Camo

Talk anything related to bowhunting
PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Re: KUIU Camo

Post by PhillyB » Tue May 17, 2011 10:07 pm

'Ike' wrote:Only thing I didn't care for was the Merino type tops for early hunts where my Ascent pants and Base Layer tops shine...We'll see! :-k
Ike- do you think they are going to be too warm or is the material not that comfy? I was on the verge of ordering the 185 zip-t base layer top for the early crisp mornings of archery season. Do you think it will be too much.

Also, how is the fit on the top? I am not sure if I want to go normal size so I can stick a tshirt underneath or go smaller so it will fit like a true base layer... I generally wear a large t shirt for reference.
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Post by 'Ike' » Wed May 18, 2011 7:25 pm

PhillyB wrote:
'Ike' wrote:Only thing I didn't care for was the Merino type tops for early hunts where my Ascent pants and Base Layer tops shine...We'll see! :-k
Ike- do you think they are going to be too warm or is the material not that comfy? I was on the verge of ordering the 185 zip-t base layer top for the early crisp mornings of archery season. Do you think it will be too much.

Also, how is the fit on the top? I am not sure if I want to go normal size so I can stick a tshirt underneath or go smaller so it will fit like a true base layer... I generally wear a large t shirt for reference.

No the material is comfy, but snug per se...Sizes seem to fit spot on though! A buddy was wearing the whole outfit, Attack pants and Merino tops for a Spring Turkey hunt and thought it was a bit warm, we'll see...
2010 & 2011 Destroyer 340 - HardWoods HD
BlackGold Sights, RipCord Rest, CarbonTech Shafts, G5 and BuckNasty Strings

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Post by PhillyB » Wed May 18, 2011 10:07 pm

When you say spot on.... does that mean they fit tight like Under Armour or a little loose?

If I wear a large shirt and wanted a nice tight fit for a next to skin base layer, what size would you recommend? Would I have to downsize to a medium to get the tight fit or a large will do the trick?
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Post by 'Ike' » Wed May 18, 2011 10:55 pm

I think you'll be on the money with a Large Philly...May want to look over the 'size' chart though...I wear a large also in most gear, as being a bowhunter I like more snug than baggy...In Sitka I had to go up to a XL with KUIU, I'm seeing the oppisite. I don't know if I'm helping or not lol!!! #-o

May get ahold of Roy on here, I know he has some of the KUIU gear also....
2010 & 2011 Destroyer 340 - HardWoods HD
BlackGold Sights, RipCord Rest, CarbonTech Shafts, G5 and BuckNasty Strings