3rd and Final Bird Down...

Talk anything related to bowhunting
'Ike'
3 point
3 point

3rd and Final Bird Down...

Post by 'Ike' » Tue May 10, 2011 4:11 pm

Got a invite to hunt with a couple guys that are more hard core than I when it comes to taking Turkeys...No way I was turning it down! :))

Done by 0620 on a clear frosty morning here in CA...Great end to a great season!
The re-cap -

When I got the invite to hunt with TrkySlr before our season ended here in CA, there was no way I was going to miss it...We've all seen the post/stories and pictures of monster birds hitting the ground when he and JoeHunter8301 hook up, not to mention just about anyone he takes out, period...

Today was no different, frosty clear morning and gobbles from the roost...Short time later the frist long beard/rope ninja as TS calls 'em hit the ground and wasted no time getting close to our DSD set-up...Hanging up right at 30 yds he gave us a show for what seemed like forever, but wouldn't quite commit. A lil later a lady friend almost landed on our DSD hen and hunkered down to wait for the sun and warm up...

Still our guy strutted, drummed and gobbled at 30...

After warming up a bit our live hen started to feed in with our set-up and that's all strut-boy could take...On film he struts in and goes right to putting the beat down on the DSD Jake...

Now it should have ended a short time later with my first shot...The Destroyer did it's part, but the bird simply wasn't there anymore as he swung, jumped and flapped the DSD Jake...Comic relief set in as I knocked another arrow, but couldn't get my release locked in again...Joe stepped in and assisted with the lock-up and I was ready for shot number two...

With the Destroyer being so quiet and strut-boy so busy whoop'n the Jake I don't think he knew he'd been shot at let alone the blind ordeal...The 2nd shot was spot on, taking him behind the wingbutt and coming out the offside leg...Strut-boy was down within yards and another great morning in the books! Heavy 9.5" beard with a lil over 3/4" on the spurs...

Thanks Chris, Joe it was a great time!
Attachments
All Done (2).jpg
Beat Down (2).jpg
Live Decoy (2).jpg
2010 & 2011 Destroyer 340 - HardWoods HD
BlackGold Sights, RipCord Rest, CarbonTech Shafts, G5 and BuckNasty Strings

'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Re: 3rd and Final Bird Down...

Post by 'Ike' » Tue May 10, 2011 4:13 pm