utah hunts

Talk anything related to bowhunting
9er
Monster
Monster

utah hunts

Post by 9er » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:59 pm

How did everyone do? lets see some pics and stories!!!!!!

9er

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:16 am

I didn't go hunting yesterday but I did scout out one of my old honey holes. I wanted to see how many archers were hunting in this area this year. They were out in force and bucks were running all over. In two hours I saw 70-80 deer with about 30 of them being bucks. Two of them were really nice! It's time to get the old smokepole out and practice a little.
There's always next year

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:58 pm

Saw a little spike last night. Could of jumped out of my stand and rode him around for a minute but I decided to take a nap instead. Does that mean that I'm getting old?
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:26 pm

haha no your not old i take naps all the time zzz
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:35 pm

I mostly spent the day depressed cause I didn't have an archery tag. Wishing I was 'out and about' chasing mulies.

Maybe I should have gone out to check up on fellow hunters and video them in their attempts. :) That would've been fun eh?

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:03 pm

Brett, You want to talk about spending the day depressed. I do have an archery tag and never took my my bow with me yesterday and to see buck after buck after buck getting blown out of their feeding areas by all these bow hunters walking around was kind of fun to watch. I did see a good escape route 11 bucks used. I just might be sitting in that same escape route next year. :-$
There's always next year

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:06 pm

sound like a few of you were seeing some younger bucks

9er

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:24 pm

4 does & 1 fawn - I was pissed cause I was sitting well hidden (both shelter for sight and scent) in a great area and could glass a ton of land. Really pissed me off for some reason but thats just the way it goes somtimes I suppose.

a_bow_nut, you crack me up the way you say stuff but no, i dont think that means your gettin old - I'm lean mean n 17 and ill admit, only to make you feel better, i did nap for about 20 minutes around 10AM after seein only those does. Course I was out the whole day friday (from morning) scouting and covering every piece of land I could til my thumb got sore on the 4 wheeler and my legs to tired to shift gears (haha, just kiddin, i walked most of the day, well about half the day and rode half the day) then that night when i got home I just fixed up some ground beef, graded cheese, pace hot salsa, a little lettuce, and enjoyed some of the most refreshing nachos ever when i got a call from a buddy wanted to go out coon huntin but we were headed an hour drive south to meet up with some of his old friends so we had to leave immediately. needless to say i rushed the half full plate of my most treasured nachos supreme that my stomach was dying for to pops who was lyin on the sofa, shoes kicked off supposedly enjoying the Angels game he had taped but mostly just yellin at the TV, rushed up to the kennel, loaded the hounds and I was off - got home 3:30 am after wearin myself down chasin coons through all kinds of environments (people dont think a little coon hunt is anything but ill tell ya they can wear at ya a good fair bit) showered first thing, got all camoed out, cooked up some eggs/bacon/sausage, loaded up the 4 wheeler, snarfed a bowl of lucky charms (thought it might help but it didnt) and took off a little before 5 on the wheeler, got to the spot by 5: 15 and hiked til 6 30 when i got into what i thought was prime-time country.

wow i blabber a lot, well anyways, i was tired so maybe that was why i napped - so after thinking about it, maybe it does mean your bodys runnin over the hill, cause i have somewhat of an excuse :-k

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:33 pm

hound_hunter, are you hunting all three seasons this year through the 18 and under program?
There's always next year

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:36 pm

yes sir :) - holdin out for the big one :thumb