Swhacker Broadhead review

Talk anything related to bowhunting
sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Swhacker Broadhead review

Post by sneekeepete » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:31 am

I have always shot fixed blades on all game until this year. I had a friend who convinced me to try the Swhacker on my general archery hunt here in utah.
I don't have a high end set up with any crazy speed here is what I am shooting.
2005 diamond victory 70 lbs draw 27.5 draw length 398 grain arrow weight. These heads shot amazing out of my bow and took no tuning. My Bow was well tuned when I began shooting them.
Long story short I took a Big Dry cow at 20 yards. Perfect broadside shot through shoulder bone. I got penetration up to my fletchings. As soon as the arrow hit I saw blood squirt so knew there would be a good trail.
Once I started tracking I was amazed at the blood trail. There was steady blood that had run or sprayed out of the elk the entire 50 yards she went. When she passed trees they were sprayed by blood. So far the broadhead had lived up to what it was supposed to do.
Then I got to the arrow and got to look at the head and blades. This is what was impressive to me. Everything was intact and 100% re-shootable. The blades were strait and sharp still. No chips or bends whatsoever.
Over all thoughts are this is a very well built head and lives up to what they advertise. It is very simple, tough, and efficient.
I appologize for not having pictures. I didn't even think of brining a camera on this General spike or cow hunt.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

JDavid
Spike
Spike

Re: Swhacker Broadhead review

Post by JDavid » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:08 pm

I love swhacker heads. Everything you said is true they leave big holes and great trails. As for the blades I have bent a few I'm not sure if they bent from the animal or hitting dirt after pass through, but with the replacement blades you we back in business
Is someone with 10 million dollars any happier than someone with 9 million?

brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Post by brn2hunt » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:11 am

Heard a lot of good things about them. I will have to try them out. It will be tough I'm a big believer in fixed blades!
"Ne A La Chasse"

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Post by PhillyB » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:56 am

Do they come with a practice head or did you just shoot the BH for tuning?
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:21 pm

I've seen those broad heads used on a few shows and they seem to work well... Sounds like they worked for you too!

COLO3D
Spike
Spike

Post by COLO3D » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:31 pm

I have shot two bucks with them and I could not tell you what kind of trail they leave since they have both dropped within sight.