Colorado Archery Deer 55

Talk anything related to bowhunting
nvbowhunting
Fawn
Fawn

Colorado Archery Deer 55

Post by nvbowhunting » Wed May 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Looks like I drew an archery deer 55 tag! Pretty stoked! Been wanting to get a high country CO tag for a few years now! Anyone have any success on this hunt? Any pictures of the country or animals? I know its a great area to get a nice buck, but never been there before, and I`ll probably only have time for 1 scouting trip so any help/pointers of where to look would be great! Thanks!

BOHNTR

Re: Colorado Archery Deer 55

Post by BOHNTR » Mon May 20, 2013 6:57 am

Unfortunately, it's nothing like it was before the winter kill of 07/08 when they lost nearly 70% of the herd. It has been slow to recover, but there's still a few good deer in there.....just have to work extra hard for them and get a little lucky. I would focus on areas between 11,500'-12,500' where alpine willow patches are prominent.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

nvbowhunting
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Colorado Archery Deer 55

Post by nvbowhunting » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:14 pm

well looks like im going to be turning this tag in because im not going to have enough time to go on the hunt. so that sucks ha, but ill be ready for next year. do you suggest staying with area 55? or going for another area? im going to have 4 points going into next season so i want to get the most out of the 4 points i have...
thanks!