bohntr read your article

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Anonymous

bohntr read your article

Post by Anonymous » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:01 pm

bohntr, read your article in eastmans bow journal today. sweeeeet buck and great read....you da man!

JJ

Muleyslyr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muleyslyr » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:36 pm

ya me too.....very cool.

What every happend on this years trip? :?

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:46 am

Hey thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Muleyslyr:

This past January (AZ hunt) I saw quite a few deer including some bucks in the 150" range. Had one about 25 yards away and decided to pass. Just not anything I wanted to arrow this early in the year. Had a good trip though with lots of bucks seen and some good video action.

BOHNTR )))---------------->

Muleyslyr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muleyslyr » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:14 pm

BOHNTR.....just curious, I noticed you are not an AZ resident. The area in AZ that you hunt, is it over the counter or just easy draws? And now will you be able to hunt AZ later in this year or is the season just in the beginning of the year?

cya

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:07 pm

Muleyslyr:

Currently in Arizona you can hunt any zone (except 13B) with an Archery Only tag which is sold over the counter and unlimited. This tag is good for one deer during that respective year which runs from January 1st to December 31st.

Now there are really 3 different hunt times in the state. When you buy your tag in January, you can bowhunt the desert zones only from Janaury 1st through the 31st. If you did not fill your tag, you can hunt any zone (except 13B) during the Aug/Sep hunt. If you still don't fill your tag, you can use it during the the pre-rut hunt (desert units only) the last two weeks of December. Did I confuse you yet? :)

Basically, if you kill a buck in January you are done for the year until next January so you better make sure it's a good one. But, if you don't arrow one in January or Aug/Sept, you could hunt the last two weeks of December...say the 31st, kill a buck, then shoot another the next day providing you buy a new tag. Hope it makes sense.

BOHNTR )))--------------->

Muleyslyr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muleyslyr » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:10 pm

BOHNTR....thanks, understood perfectly. Man that kinda gives me a spark as last year was my first year bowhunting (elk in WA.) All it took was for me to get close to a couple screaming bulls in Sept. and I am hooked.

Been reading everything thing I can about bows, gear, etc... Always just asumed AZ was all draw. Being a rifle hunter I just got fed up with the seasons and amount of hunters. My brother lives in Gilbert AZ, might be a good way to get together. I'll have to look into it more.

Thanks for the info....
cya

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:24 pm

Thanks for the "zona" info, I was curious myself as I've yet to hunt there.
I also saw your article, awesome. You truly are amazing with the bow.

Danthe2pointmuleyman
Spike
Spike

Post by Danthe2pointmuleyman » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:17 pm

I'd say you have some mad skills and also a pretty good gift with ya. I'd like to go pop some arrows one day but thanks for showin us some of the most awesome mulies over the yrs man. I appreciate you work and dedication to the hunt.
Happy Trails