Moose madness??

Talk anything related to bowhunting
The north slope
Spike
Spike

Moose madness??

Post by The north slope » Fri May 25, 2007 2:52 pm

So I drew a Utah once in a lifetime moose tag on a CWMU (Moon Ranch). I was wondering if anyone has hunted moose, and had any tips?? This year is turning out to be a great year, I can hardly wait. I have been studying the rack sizes of moose so I know what to look for. Any ideas on tactics any tips would be great.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Fri May 25, 2007 4:43 pm

wow, congrats northslope!!!! look for chet on here , i know he has good utah moose experiance, i believe a few more cant remember who, also have hunted moose in utah. i'm sure you'll get great help. i hunted moose in AK and its great ! they are big animals. hope you get a big one and get to show some pics!! maybe it's "CVRN" he might be the one with tons of moose pics. also check with "TORCH" it could have been him. any way i'm sure they'll all give great input! good luck.

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Mon May 28, 2007 4:59 pm

yeha i understand chet is the moose maniac.. and there are a few others!

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Mon May 28, 2007 5:32 pm

yep talk to chet
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Mon May 28, 2007 8:25 pm

North Slope...CONGRATS!!!! Man, I'm excited for ya...REALLY!

GOOD LUCK and let us know how ya do!

By the way...didn't you just bag your first black bear too?!?!? Things sure are rollin' for ya my friend!

Man, I hope I draw SOMETHING this year!

The north slope
Spike
Spike

Post by The north slope » Mon May 28, 2007 8:40 pm

Like I said its shaping up to be a good year. Speaking of moose I was on my way going fishing today when there is a car and a bunch of people in the middle of the road. The cars front window it toasted and there is a dead cow moose laying in the road. I looked like the driver of the car was o.k. but not so much for the moose. On our way back down the canyon the moose was laying on the side of the road, sad to see that great animal go to waste.

HighLander
Monster
Monster

Post by HighLander » Tue May 29, 2007 11:25 am

Congrats on a great tag!!
ALWAYS CHECK YOUR ARROWS BEFORE SHOOTING.......TRUST ME!!

brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Post by brn2hunt » Tue May 29, 2007 12:29 pm

I have watched moose hunting on tv and i was just wondering if the calls they use are made by there own voice?
"Ne A La Chasse"

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue May 29, 2007 4:51 pm

i've seen lots of different ways, by mouth, with a milk jug and a rope, and commercially made calls. when i hunted we did the mouth calls and had some great succsess with it, called in one bull that we guessed to be over 60 had he not had a busted side clear down where the brow tine split to the palms. but he came in 3 different days in a row to under 75 yds.

bowcrazy
Spike
Spike

Post by bowcrazy » Thu May 31, 2007 8:16 pm

Good luck on drawing a great tag!!! Post your pictures if you can make it happen. Post your hunting experience even if you don't take one home.
"Everyone has ability, but pride in performance makes the difference. Pride is developed from a winning tradition."-Lombardi 1964.