Random ?

Talk anything related to bowhunting
TRPHYHNTR_11
Fawn
Fawn

Random ?

Post by TRPHYHNTR_11 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:14 pm

I was just thinking about this for some reason the other day and thought id see what everyone thinks. If you spit seeds when out hunting do you think the smell of the seeds and spit would scare a deer? ha ha i know its way weird and random so go ahead and laugh all you want no offense will be taken. Im just curious what everyone thinks?
GIVE EM THE SHAFT
>>>---------------->

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:41 pm

yes

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:27 am

na
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:37 am

No

Nevadahunter
4 point
4 point

Post by Nevadahunter » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:08 pm

hope
If God Had Intended For Us To Be Vegitarians, Why Did He Make Animals With Meat?
Unless You Haven't Heard..I'm a Pretty Big Deal Around Here.

turkey track
Fawn
Fawn

Post by turkey track » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:47 pm

hey i thought baiting was illeagal in utah!!!! lol :-k

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:43 pm

Yes they will.

I was sitting in my treestand on night doing some scouting and dropped my plastic water bottle and watched it hit a limb and bounce over right next to the trail that the animals use to come into water. I thought that it wouldn't be to big of a deal because I wasn't sweating heavy when I touched the bottle and it's made of plastic how long could it hold the scent?

Over two hours later a heard of elk came running down that trail because they were thirsty and they wanted water. As soon as the got to where that water bottle was laying on the ground they came skidding to a halt and it looked like you had hit them with a 2x4 upside the head.

They stood there for a half an hour looking for who had made that scent and only after leaving a couple of cows to stand watch did the rest go get a drink.

Don't under estamate how well their noses work. Take a bottle to spit your seeds in. It doesn't seem like to much effort after the animal that you wanted to shoot just took off because it caught just a wiff of something it didn't like and bolted out of there.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.