Buying a new bow (diamond black ice or bowtech allegiance)

Talk anything related to bowhunting
GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Buying a new bow (diamond black ice or bowtech allegiance)

Post by GPWDeer » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:35 pm

I have been shooting a bunch of bows and trying to find the ONE that I will buy. I have zero experience with bows. Rifle hunter all my life and switching to the strings this season.

After a week of solid bow shopping I have come to the conclusion that I could look forever and not be any closer to a decision than I am right now.

With that in mind, I have determined that I will be buying a bow in the next two days. I currently think the current leader is the Diamond, Black Ice. It is very comfortable, I like how compact it is and it seems very quiet. I keep coming back to it.

The other one that I am considering is the Bowtech Allegiance. It was ultra smooth and balanced, a little larger, but not much.

Does anyone have any pros/cons on these two bows. Like I said, I will be buying something in the next two days. I need to get shooting so that I know I can drill the same hole three times in a row come hunting season.

GPWDeer
Making the swtich to the strick and string! Watch out!

9er
Monster
Monster

Re: Buying a new bow (diamond black ice or bowtech allegianc

Post by 9er » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:39 pm

alliegence gets my vote, a little longer ATA will be more forgiving for a beginner

9er
Watch your top knot!

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:16 pm

I think you are probably right. There is about $50 difference. The black ice is less. That means $50 I can buy gas to go hunting one time.

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:12 am

Just one perspective. I bought my first bow 2 years ago, a 06' Bowtech Tomkat. I love almost everything about it. It shoots fast and straight and I've been able to get comfortable shooting out to 60 yards. The one thing I don't love is how hard it is to pull back. I had the local shop adjust the draw weight down to 60 lbs but it still feels much heavier that my friends PSE bow with the same draw weight. I'm a pretty big guy so it's no big deal in the field, the issue is when I'm practicing. I seem to run out of steam faster than I'd like, but then again maybe 30-40 shots is too many for one session. Anyway, I haven't shot the two bows you are considering but I know they are both made by Bowtech. You may want to shoot another brand if you haven't just to see if there is a different feel. Overall though I love my bow and wouldn't steer you away from Bowtech because I believe they make a great fast/accurate bow. Good luck and kill a nice one. :thumb
Last edited by Bowtech43 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:32 pm

Thanks for the input.

I have shot Matthews, Hoyt, Diamon/Bowtech, Bear, and a few others I don't remember. The Allegiance is pretty smooth on the draw, but the Black Diamond seems to be more comfortable in my hand.

Again, thanks for the input.

GPWDeer

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:58 pm

Unless someone posts up some trash talk about the Black Ice, I think I will be purchasing one tonight or tomorrow night on the way home from work.

GPWDEER

6x6 bull
3 point
3 point

Post by 6x6 bull » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:08 pm

Anyone that would trash talk either of these two bows probably has some type of my bow brand is better than yours. I shoot Mathews. I have four of them. Does that make me think that after you have shot all of those bows that you have,and still come back to the two that you have picked and still not want a Mathews. It does not. I think that a bow purchase is like picking out a girlfriend, beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend. Sounds like you did your homework and you have got it down to just two. Pick the one you like the best and start shooting.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:12 pm

i'll just quote 6x6 and agree! i dont shoot one, but bowtech makes a great bow.

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:29 am

I bought a Diamond Black Ice last spring and after shooting it for a few days I returned it. I shoot pretty well and it wouldn't settle in. I love my PSE Mossy Oak X I got instead. Look on http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com 3 in 40 archery compettion and I'm at 19th in the nation with it and best in Az. I've got a buddy with the Bowtech Allegiance that has had issues (it eats strings too. the guy at the pro shop says it's because it's so fast) and I beat him soundly all the time. Another friend has the Tomcat and that has been a good bow. He still can't beat me though. The Matthews bows are pretty much bullet proof if you can afford one. They keep their value too.
Mark

elkchaser
Fawn
Fawn

Post by elkchaser » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:43 am

GPWDeer wrote:Thanks for the input.

I have shot Matthews, Hoyt, Diamon/Bowtech, Bear, and a few others I don't remember. The Allegiance is pretty smooth on the draw, but the Black Diamond seems to be more comfortable in my hand.

Again, thanks for the input.

GPWDeer

If the Black Diamond is more comfortable then end of search.. go out and buy it. Good luck and welcome the the wild world of archery hunting. =D>