proposed change to archery hunts

Talk anything related to bowhunting
jarvis243
Fawn
Fawn

Re: proposed change to archery hunts

Post by jarvis243 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:51 pm

HUNTIN FOR LIFE wrote:I bet there isn't any rifle hunter that has takin a shot over 400 yards and figure they missed with out even check for blood and just move to the next deer.
Are you serious? I wish that was true, but unfortunatly it happens all to often.

Look i'm in the dedicated hunter program also and i think that it is an awesome program when used properly but i think there are some hunters that abuse it. It doesn't help when some of these hunters (not all of them) don't pick up there weapon at all during the year until the day before the hunt.

HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:58 am

jarvis243
Look i'm in the dedicated hunter program also and i think that it is an awesome program when used properly but i think there are some hunters that abuse it. It doesn't help when some of these hunters (not all of them) don't pick up there weapon at all during the year until the day before the hunt.
I do agree, whats unfortunate is whether they get rid of the DDH program or not there will still be those people that draw a muzzy or rifle tag and still don't pick up there weapon till the night before the hunt. Even worse then that is that ones that don't draw a tag for either two weapons will go out and buy a archery tag and do the same thing.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

jarvis243
Fawn
Fawn

Post by jarvis243 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:00 pm

Your right but at least it won't be every hunt for three years.

HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:15 pm

That is true, hopefully the program has enough ethical hunters that it does more good for the wildlife then it does damage.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!