Archery - Southern region

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Elko
2 point
2 point

Re: Archery - Southern region

Post by Elko » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:58 pm

Knowing Huntin4life and Heshen they were not hunting in Ox valley or Flat top. There are always deer in those areas but try and hit them during the middle of the week. The weekend is always a zoo. Just get off the road and you won't see too many people. What part of the North Hills are you hunting? Along the fields in town or towards studhorse? There aren't as many deer there but when you find one it usually is a good one.

heman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by heman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:03 am

The big canyon just after the cattle guard west of the fields. Last year I spent a lot of time watching a good group (two nice four points and some smaller ones) for a few days, but could never get close enough. Seeing young ones in the same area this year.

I tried Ox Valley this weekend - you're right - a lot of hunters. Nice people though. I talked to a few and they gave a lot of good info. I saw a pretty nice 3 point (one of my boys swears it was a four point) with another younger buck, and then some really young spikes and a forky. I don't know if my eyes were decieving me, but I think I may have seen an albino doe also. Anybody else seen this. At first I thought it was a very light grey coat, but the more I picture it in my head, it looked more albino white. Maybe I'm seeing things??????????

BIGHILLHUNTER
Spike
Spike

Post by BIGHILLHUNTER » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:42 am

Ya, Lets see some picks =D> . I also like to hear alittle about the hunt, you don't have to be specific! A little info is fun to hear (the basics)! [-o<

BIGHILLHUNTER
Spike
Spike

Post by BIGHILLHUNTER » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:46 am

We like to see pictures! =D>