Archery - Southern region

Talk anything related to bowhunting
heman
Fawn
Fawn

Archery - Southern region

Post by heman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:04 am

Anybody had any luck in the Enterprise area. I've found some young ones, but that's about it.
?Just wondering?

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Archery - Southern region

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:28 pm

Hear of a 4x5 that was shot at and missed there. Always some good bucks in that area though.

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:07 pm

It seems like the higher I go this time of year the more mature bucks I see. Try gaining a little elevation. I see a lot of does, fawns, and small bucks in the middle mountain ranges.
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

Elko
2 point
2 point

Post by Elko » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:03 pm

I live in Enterprise and there are a few decent ones around but there are a lot of young bucks in the area. I've only made it out hunting once so far but the biggest factor in this area is the amount of people. Everytime I think I'm in a good spot someone comes walking by a few minutes later and I have to relocate.

heshen
2 point
2 point

Post by heshen » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:43 pm

Seeg.... havnt you heard that all the big bucks are in ox valley? Thats what I say to everyone.. I used to love hunting that area, but its a joke now.. I wish the DWR would make people take an ethics corse for archery hunting and have it include (chances are you wont kill a very nice buck while driving on your 4-wheeler or truck, also DONT SKYLIGHT YOURSELF AND RUIN EVERYONES HUNTING, the deer are hundreds of yards away, good luck getting within 50 yards doing that.) Bowhunting is my first love, but its ridiculous out there now with people not being able to get rifle tags. But there are plenty of places to go and not run into anybody. I have to commend the state on making archers pick regions for the beginning of the hunt. IMO it worked great, I didnt see nearly as many hunters in the southern region. What did everyone else think?

HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:17 am

I seen over 25 hunters going after the same deer i was on opening day. people were getting out of there vehicle at the south end of the bowl and there was a north wind. ha and they really thought they were going to see something that day. There wasn't a deer one in that bowl opening morning. O well, now they can relax cause the big buck that everyone was after was killed this week.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:28 am

HUNTIN FOR LIFE,,
Great work! I'm way impressed you got him. You going to give us a sneak peek at him? :)

HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:51 am

Maybe, Im still workin on a few things. But i might get a few pics up on here today.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

heman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by heman » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:32 pm

heshen,

Have you hunted Ox Valley or Flat top this year. Someone mentioned that the mature bucks are probably higher. I know there can be a lot of hunters in these places, but i'm just wondering if there are some good bucks in the area. I've never hunted these areas and am thinking about checking them out. Also, which route/road is the best to take to Ox Valley and Flat top. I usually hunt the North Hills area. Just curious, wanting to scope out new areas.

heman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by heman » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:37 pm

Huntin For Life,

If you don't mind me asking. Is this "bowl" you speak of Ox Valley. I understand if you don't want to say. Like Muley Madness said, hopefully we'll get to see some pics of the one you got. Congrats!