Sight Questions

Talk anything related to bowhunting
GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Sight Questions

Post by GPWDeer » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:50 pm

So, last year I had the bow all dialed in a month or so before the season. This year, not the case, last minute.....

Diamond Black Ice. I have the Tru Glow sight with 5 adjustable pins (not sure which model it is). I got a new peep sight with the tube that keeps it straight, go some new arrows and a lube and tune. I had to completely re-sight the bow in.

Everything was extremely low. I have maxed out the pins ability to move any further down to adjust the impact. I have also adjusted the body of the sight as far down as it will go.

Any suggestions? I am not sure if I can move the peep sight up if that would help or even be possible while maintaining my anchor point.

Do I need to change to a different sight that has more vertical adjustability? Anyone else experience this issue?
Making the swtich to the strick and string! Watch out!

elkkiller
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Sight Questions

Post by elkkiller » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:39 pm

put a new string on and had the same issue with my solo cam, i moved my knock and loop down just a hair, worked out good for me.
lifes short, enjoy it while ya have it

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:54 pm

Thanks Elkkiller. I will give it a whirl.

Mark
3 point
3 point

Post by Mark » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:12 pm

GPWDeer wrote:So, last year I had the bow all dialed in a month or so before the season. This year, not the case, last minute.....

Diamond Black Ice. I have the Tru Glow sight with 5 adjustable pins (not sure which model it is). I got a new peep sight with the tube that keeps it straight, go some new arrows and a lube and tune. I had to completely re-sight the bow in.

Everything was extremely low. I have maxed out the pins ability to move any further down to adjust the impact. I have also adjusted the body of the sight as far down as it will go.

Any suggestions? I am not sure if I can move the peep sight up if that would help or even be possible while maintaining my anchor point.

Do I need to change to a different sight that has more vertical adjustability? Anyone else experience this issue?
It sounds to me like the peep is in the wrong spot. Close your eyes, draw back, settle in to your normal anchor with your head positioned normally and then open your eyes. Can you see through your peep without moving your head around? If not, move the peep.

If that isn't the problem then check your rest. Did it get moved during the tune-up process? You shouldn't be shooting that low just from changing a peep. Did your nock point get moved? It's either in the rest, the peep or your nock point. Or possibly a combination of all 3.

Are your cams aligned properly? Any lean? Timing? Tiller?

The last thing to do would be to go back to the archery shop and have them help you reset everything. Changing your sight isn't going to solve the problem.
Hoyt

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:33 am

I got it figured out. Rest needed to be raised and the peep was a smidge too low. Thanks for your input guys. I am a idiot when it comes to the mechanics of the bow. Still too new for self-diagnosis.

Thanks again and good luck this weekend to all you idaho elk hunters.

GPWDeer

Mark
3 point
3 point

Post by Mark » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:15 pm

GPWDeer wrote:I got it figured out. Rest needed to be raised and the peep was a smidge too low. Thanks for your input guys. I am a idiot when it comes to the mechanics of the bow. Still too new for self-diagnosis.

Thanks again and good luck this weekend to all you idaho elk hunters.

GPWDeer
Glad you got it figured out. From the way you described it I figured it had something to do with the rest and the peep.

It's my job to keep 3 bows running in this house so I've been through a few combination of problems. Again, glad you got it figured out.
Hoyt