Landlock public land

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
muleystalker01
2 point
2 point

Post by muleystalker01 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:14 pm

maybe because some of these places are pay to hunt we should ask G,F,and P if some of our tag money can go to these landowners for a access road or use an existing road to these public lands.I know here in S.D. the wardens have been talking to alot of the landowners to see if this is a possibility.

ABert

Post by ABert » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:38 pm

MuleyStalker,
I believe you may have hit the nail on the head. In Colorado, in recent years, the state has offered limited tags to landowners to allow the public to hunt on their land. Some of these landowners then turned around and offered the tags to the highest bidder. The state is now looking at the program and trying to fix what they started. I can't blame a landowner for making a buck, but when that buck is to the highest bidder, then I have a problem. I do like the idea of the state paying for access roads to public land and believe the landowners should be made to comply. On the other hand, I believe the landowners should be able to recoup an losses due to damage to their land. Who should pay? The state? I think there should be a fund set up to reimburse the landowners for any damages caused by hunters from the sale of hunting licenses. I already pay for rescue services if I ever need them, as does anyone who hunts in Colorado. Just makes sense to me.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

muleystalker01
2 point
2 point

Post by muleystalker01 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:53 am

Yes I agree that is why the idea for compensation to the landowner for the rights to cross. As for paying damages if the person is caught or turned in by another hunter then that person should have to pay as well as write a full apology to the landowner.As well as community service to the landowner to fix the damage caused (such as helping to fill ruts they may have created).

tree
Fawn
Fawn

Post by tree » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:30 pm

Hmmmm, Sounds like an interesting topic.
This way to preserving your heritage ------>>>

http//rmha.hyperboards.com

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:13 am

Anyone who has hunted Montana knows there is still a lot of prime public hunting ground controlled by land owners and outfitters In so much of Mt the only roads going in are the ranchers driveways, then from the ranch site trails branch off to all this BLM and State lands. Making access roads is not going to happen. Who's going to pay for it? Your talking about millions and millions of dollars in a econimy that not doing so great.

But on the brite side, MT has this very popular and successful Block Management program, piad for by NR licenses. Its openened millions of acres that weren't accessable even a couple of years ago. Trouble is its getting harder to draw licenses.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:38 am

"But on the brite side, MT has this very popular and successful Block Management program,"

How can I find out what units have the most Block Mgmt acres?

Thanks,
Jeff
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:42 am

Hiker, congratulations on drawing the big combo. I can help a lot on hunting Montana! I don't know where to start. Tell me have you hunted MT, which region are you heading for. What do you like to hunt, Mountains, badlands, prairie, buttes or breakes. Do you know about the block management. Do you want to hunt Elk and deer at the same time?
Do you want to hunt on your own or pay?

pm me if you like.
Wayne

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Tue May 09, 2006 12:08 pm

Wayne, I appreciate your willingness to help. What eastern part of MT would be a good muley/whitetail area with public land or have a lot block management area? or is there any good public land or block management elk areas in the middle or eastern part of MT that has muleys/ whitetail too?
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:12 pm

You think that the DOW or the BLM would try to negotiate some kinda of resolution to allow access for hunter Colorado and other states need to follow in the footsteps of Montana and start a block managment system
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

mossbak
2 point
2 point

Post by mossbak » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:18 pm

:1 Alls that’s needed is one road in, can't be that difficult but there are ulterior motive abounding by not letting anyone in, they get it all to them self’s and some guide on the public locked land...