Favorit shooting sticks???

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
Tysum
Fawn
Fawn

Favorit shooting sticks???

Post by Tysum » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:23 pm

I am looking to buy some shooting sticks & wanted to see check to see what others have found to work well? I am looking at the Primos Bi Pod Trigger Sticks but am open for suggestions. I like the idea of the Primos sticks, but I also get into the WY back country every year & would like something light weight too.

????

gknutson
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Favorit shooting sticks???

Post by gknutson » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:54 pm

I use a harris bipod. Its a little heavy but its always right there on the end of my gun. Plus it comes right off and can be taken off in now time.

firefighterbraun
3 point
3 point

Post by firefighterbraun » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:08 pm

We actually bought a set of the Primos Bipod Trigger sticks last year for my wife to use on the rifle hunt and we love them. They are a little heavier than some of the cheaper ones, but they are solid and make for a really stable rest. I like them cause they are quick to set up and work great on uneven terrain too since the one leg can be shorter than the other when shooting on a hillside. Also work great when you need to adjust the height on them cause you just have to squeeze the trigger. In my opinion they work awesome.

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:51 am

gknutson wrote:I use a harris bipod. Its a little heavy but its always right there on the end of my gun. Plus it comes right off and can be taken off in now time.
+1 for the harris. Shooting sticks are nice but I like a bipod because its always on the gun and always ready to go so if you do happen to see a good buck or bull and have to react quick you reach up fold down the legs and your ready.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae

Der Aulte Jaeger
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Der Aulte Jaeger » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:29 pm

Bog Pod all the way but admit I haven't tried the Trigger Sticks. I did try others and found them far too flimsy in this great Wyoming wind! :thumb
der Aulte "Jäger"
Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved!"

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Post by GUTPYLZ » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:35 pm

+1 on BOG-POD. I bought the switcheroo head and can use it for my spotting scope and camera out in the field. I always have to take my own pictures and it's great for that too. A lot of good stuff out there though.
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

aznighthawk
Fawn
Fawn

Post by aznighthawk » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:19 pm

I missed the opportunity to take a shot at the nicest deer I saw all season last year because my harris pibod would not extend far enough to allow me to see through my scope and find my target. While I was fumbilng around trying the make it work the deer slipped away. Now I hunt with a harris bipod attached to my gun for long shots where I have time to set up. I have the longer bog-pod with the switcheroo head for shots where the angle or vegitation make the bipod useless. I looked at the trigger sticks, but went with the bogpod because of the switcheroo head for my spotting scope and they are longer for a taller hunter like myself.

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:21 am

I use a snipe pod. Easy to attach or detach and gives you a lot of flexibilty in varying terrain. Also very light weight.

Guess
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Guess » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:24 pm

I love the Bog Pods. Of course I'm a little biased. however I used them long before I became fieldstaff.
regardless of what you choose I would go with detached. they are far more versatile than mounted bipods.
field editor Boar Hunter Magazine and Los Cazadores

fieldstaff for FOXPRO and BOGgear

sponsored by EOTech