What is the most primo deer hunt in your state?

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
OregonEric
Spike
Spike

What is the most primo deer hunt in your state?

Post by OregonEric » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:23 pm

I live in Oregon and the most coveted deer hunt here is actually a muzzleloader tag. It is in december and the success rate in the last 5 years is 90% with a 4 point or better success rate at %80. Only 10 tags are issued per year, last year 2364 hunters applied. The hunt number is 171m, juniper unit, where two straight world record antelope have came from. It`s takes at least ten years of waiting to draw it.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:41 pm

OregonEric,

Here in Utah one of the most coveted deer tags is for a Premium Limited Entry unit called the Pausaugunt Plateau. Last year there was over 2500 applicants for the deer tags. I believe the average age of bucks was about 4 1/2 years old taken last year. It took me 12 years to draw the tag. I ended up with a 26" 4 point but did miss a bigger buck. This is a rifle hunt, there is several good elk units also. I know of 3 bulls taken this year that score over 400 points. Very good year for elk.

MuleyNut
Fawn
Fawn

Post by MuleyNut » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:19 pm

I would say the most premo area in Wyo. is Regian G but I hunt H and it is far better most of it is wilderness and there are no unguided residents allowed so there is way les hunters there than in G which has gotten rediculos in the last couple years as far as # of people go but H is way more rugged and there is less deer than G but there is some nice deer thow and a lot of outfitters that hunt most of the land up there in H but all in all they are both good areas but you better hurry the big deer are fadding fast.

Anonymous

Most coveted deer area

Post by Anonymous » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm

First off, after reading OregonEric and Muleynut's response...and your responses from other forums, I must say you're both idiots.
Secondly, for me to inform the electronic world of "where the big one's are" is just plain dumb. Why don't you give me your ATM account numbers as well?? I spend a lot of time looking at deer, and the last thing I need is competition from other folks. If you look anywhere, you'll find big deer. Just need to get off the 4-wheeler and use something we hunters call "binoculars". The big one's don't get that way by being dumb....unfortunately every year even the smartest bucks get killed by the dumbest hunters.

Danthe2pointmuleyman
Spike
Spike

Post by Danthe2pointmuleyman » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:13 pm

I live here in northern utah and the most here would either be the genral elk or the general mule deer i mean it is popular and you really have ot work to get away form the other hunters
Happy Trails

Anonymous

Beatty's Butte Oregon, Hunt 170 Info

Post by Anonymous » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:53 am

Hey oregoneric, my father in law and I have tags to hunt in the beatty's butte area of southeastern oregon. I believe the hunt is 170, and the zone is 70. Any information that you could provide on the area would be great as we have never hunted for mule deer in oregon before, only wyoming, idaho, and nevada.

Thanks alot.

AJ

IdahoMuley
Spike
Spike

Post by IdahoMuley » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:08 pm

Here in Idaho it is unit 45 where they give out only 75 tags and about 2000 people put in for it. it is 100% succes rate of 4 point and better
Muley Man!