elk hunting in unit 44

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
elkhunter71
Fawn
Fawn

elk hunting in unit 44

Post by elkhunter71 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:54 am

This is my first post, I am fairly new to hunting in CO. There will be 3 of us in a group and are going OTC but put in for doe in area 44. Can anyone offer any tips? Physical Fitness is no issues we are both active duty military. Using a 30-06 with 180 gr hornady interlock hand loads. We would like to tag out both elk and deer. Any help will be greatly appreciated not asking to give up secrets but any advice on where to go in the unit would be great thanks!

BIGANTLERGETTER
Spike
Spike

Re: elk hunting in unit 44

Post by BIGANTLERGETTER » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:32 pm

well ur doe tag should be a guarantee for sure, ur elk its tough to tell depends on weather but get out and hike and keep ur eyes open , hunted the area my whole life and its hard for me to tell you where they are but to make it easy look for the dark timber or deep gulches and keep ur eyes open thats my best advice without giving away my areas, i hunt the entire unit through out all the seasons
Hunt til there is nothing to hunt, then go farther and hunt harder the big one will turn up

elkhunter71
Fawn
Fawn

Re: elk hunting in unit 44

Post by elkhunter71 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Well we drew in area 444 it was an oversight by either myself or my partner......oops anyways does anyone have any tips on this area we drew a doe tag for 3rd season and going otc bull thanks! (???)