Looking for companions

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
tomas678
Fawn
Fawn

Looking for companions

Post by tomas678 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:14 am

Looking for companions for extreme hunt in Siberia (450 km from Irkutsk). I know the place and the local hunters. Season: from October to December. For more info contact: v.nerijus@yahoo.com

Hiker

Re: Looking for companions

Post by Hiker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:17 am

tomas678 wrote:Looking for companions for extreme hunt in Siberia (450 km from Irkutsk). I know the place and the local hunters. Season: from October to December. For more info contact: v.nerijus@yahoo.com
::wel to MuleyMadness! Tell us more about the hunt. What will you be hunting? Travel? Expenses? Thanks.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

tomas678
Fawn
Fawn

Post by tomas678 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:59 am

There are a lot of animals to hunt there: bear, deer, lynx, elk, reindeer, wolf, blackcock, etc. I would like to do so called extreme hunting. The hunt lasts 11-15 days. It is highly active. It involves a lot of movement and shooting. A hunter may need to travel distances of 10-15 km. All this requires a traveler to be in good physical shape. However, there is always a possibility to stay in a hunters hut for a day or two and take a rest.
Access to a normal shooting position of two sables and squirrels is guaranteed. Normally there is a vast number of these furry animals and their hunting is unlimited.
Additional hunting:
* Blackcock (lat. Tetrao tetrix) - 250 EUR.
* Wolf (lat. Canis lupus) - 750 EUR.
* Rassomaxa (lat. Gula gula) - 800 EUR.
* Reindeer (lat. Rangifeto tarandus) - 1500 EUR.
* Elk (lat. Alces alces) - 2000 EUR.
* Lynx (lat. Lynx lynx) - 2300 EUR.
* Deer (lat. Cervus elaphus) - 2400 EUR.
* Bear (lat. Ursus arktos) - 3000 EUR.

During the hunt the hunter is accompanied by a leading hunter. Training for dog hunting and adaptation peculiarities in taiga is arranged.
The gun is provided (if needed). There is a number of options (Mannlicher, CZ, IZ etc.).
If you shoot some animal for food, you do not have to pay any money. So, it may happen that you shoot a deer, elk, etc. for free.

Travel expenses depend on where you come from. Meeting point is Irkutsk - 450 km from the hunt area. All local transfers, food (3 meals per day), leading hunter's services, gun and accommodation for the entire tour should not cost more than 800 EUR.

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:07 am

so in english terms. how much is a EUR. in US dollars.

Welcome to the forum.
Deadi

tomas678
Fawn
Fawn

Post by tomas678 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:22 am

DeadI wrote:so in english terms. how much is a EUR. in US dollars.

Welcome to the forum.
Sorry I did a mistake in my previous post. Cost is about 2500 EUR, not 800. Was thinking about another currency and simply did a mistake... So, it is 2500 EUR. In USD would be about 3 300 - 3 400. That is for the entire tour. Flights to Irkutsk and back are not included.

IdahoMuley
Spike
Spike

Post by IdahoMuley » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:52 pm

What they have elk in Siberia??? what type and what time of deer????
Muley Man!

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:42 pm

If you want to see an extreme hunt, try a western muley hunt with any number of these members on this forum. Siberia? Sounds a little high risk for me. :-k
There's always next year

tomas678
Fawn
Fawn

Post by tomas678 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:46 am

IdahoMuley wrote:What they have elk in Siberia??? what type and what time of deer????
They have more elk than you can imagine. For them to shoot an elk is nothing exciting, as they can eat it everyday if they want. For locals to get an elk it is like for us going to the shop and buying a piece of bread. What type - I do not know. But if you were interested, I could give them a call and ask.

IdahoMuley
Spike
Spike

Post by IdahoMuley » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:37 pm

Hey check this web site out http://www.worlddeer.org/elk.html what they call an elk is a moose that is weird
Muley Man!

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:46 am

So youre talking about Elk+ Siberian Moose Siberian Brown/Grizzly Bear Siberian Reindeer/Caribou and Siberian Wolves and other animals.

Those moose are in some pretty remote areas and the use of helicoptor is needed sometimes. I know a guy that has taken most of the animals you mentioned over in Sibera. From what I underrstand it was great hunting but expensive for the travel..
THE LORD IS MY ROCK