Puiblic Land For Sale

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
Bowedark
Spike
Spike

Puiblic Land For Sale

Post by Bowedark » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:20 pm

Because HR 3855 didn't go thru,public land sale to pay for Katrinadoesn't mean that big piggy bank of public land is safe.

It could be YOUR hunting spot for sale to the highest bidder.

This issue will not die. Perhaps a few "conservation groups" could focus their efforts on the 'macro' crisis at hand, versus the 'micro' projects and squabbling in the ranks.

President Bush's 2007 budget includes an order to the Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management to sell off as much as 800,000 acres of national lands to generate money for public schools.

The proposal directs the agencies to raise nearly $1 billion for the federal treasury by selling more than 300,000 acres of national forest and up to 500,000 acres of BLM lands, mostly in western states.

The complete list of forest lands (http://www.fs.fed.us/land/staff/spd.html) shows most parcels are more than 40 acres and many are in the hundreds of acres.

The BLM has not listed the lands it will sell...

Bush administration plan that would sell off 300,000 acres of U.S. Forest Service lands - including a possible 440 acres in the San Juan National Forest.
The proposal is intended to assist in paying for upkeep in rural school districts.

Land for sale could include nine parcels in La Plata and Archuleta counties. It also could include up to 500,000 acres of Bureau of Land Management holdings...

IF it was a sale of puiblic land that was lock land that would be one thing!

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:02 pm

I cant even beleive that they would consider doing something like this :>/
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:00 pm

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

Ive always been a supporter of Bush, im mean at 17 yrs. old i dont really know much anything about politics but ive always seen bush as a pretty reasonable guy as far as presidents go.. but even thinking about considering something like this really pisses me off!! I wish there was something I could do about this but unfortunately the nation doesnt care much of the opinions of minors.. but I encourage every person here old enough to get your butts in gear and really tear this thing down - if theres anything i can do to help or support any of you im completely ready to. Ill take the old man out if thats what it takes!!!!!

(crap, probably shouldnt have posted that last line on the internet.. All secret service personell, that was not in any way to be taken literally. I just meant to say I was mad about our president considering this :>/ )

Kerwin
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Kerwin » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:20 pm

They are doing the same thing here in Missouri. We have a lot of public land. There is a group locally that is fighting it. They got some public officials to be against it.

Bad thing! :>/

Utahbowhunter
Monster
Monster

Post by Utahbowhunter » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:05 pm

They need to quit selling the blm land becuz there are some places and that is where the deer winter. The deer in these areas will die if they sell it!