best muzzleloader on the market

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
Justin
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Justin » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:59 pm

I bought the new T/C Omega Z5 thumbhole stock this year, love it took my first buck with it. Shoots nice, light, and the thumhole is nice and comfortable.

Bowedark
Spike
Spike

Re: best muzzleloader on the market

Post by Bowedark » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:12 am

So it 2010 what is the most accurate ML out of the box at 200yds in today market & the one you would buy.

GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Post by GUTPYLZ » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:46 pm

I did my research last year and all the write ups said the CVA Apex. I bought one and love it. You can even adjust the trigger. It's a lot better than the Encore IMHO and its half the price.
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:08 pm

I did my research last year and all the write ups said the CVA Apex. I bought one and love it. You can even adjust the trigger. It's a lot better than the Encore IMHO and its half the price.
Mind me asking where you bought it and how much?

GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Post by GUTPYLZ » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:59 am

MuleyMadness wrote:
Mind me asking where you bought it and how much?
I bought it at a Cabelas in Mitchell SD. Most Cabelas have them. I paid $525 out the door.
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Thanks for the info.

UtahRob
4 point
4 point

Post by UtahRob » Mon May 24, 2010 5:52 pm

I have a encore and it a shooter NOW , after doing a bunch of work on it . When i got mine it would NOT lock up tight , tons of play between the receiver and barrel and i could not keep the stock tight . ](*,) After adding a 1X over sized hinge pin and stronger locking bar spring ,all is well . 10sign: my 1nd choice would be the TC Omega and 2nd the CVA Apex :thumb

Anyone with a Encore and not happy with it , this guys is the Encore'' PRO'' and has some great info and after market parts . mine cost me around 25.00 +/- to get her driving tacks . MY encore is NOW the best shooting gun i have ever owned . :)

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php

and a great review on the Apex !! :thumb

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=554

kallred12
Fawn
Fawn

Post by kallred12 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:27 am

UtahRob wrote:I have a encore and it a shooter NOW , after doing a bunch of work on it . When i got mine it would NOT lock up tight , tons of play between the receiver and barrel and i could not keep the stock tight . ](*,) After adding a 1X over sized hinge pin and stronger locking bar spring ,all is well . 10sign: my 1nd choice would be the TC Omega and 2nd the CVA Apex :thumb

Anyone with a Encore and not happy with it , this guys is the Encore'' PRO'' and has some great info and after market parts . mine cost me around 25.00 +/- to get her driving tacks . MY encore is NOW the best shooting gun i have ever owned . :)

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php

and a great review on the Apex !! :thumb

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=554
I second that. Mike Bellm knows the encore top to bottom centerfire or muzzy, i have the encore and it shoots great (1" 3 shot group at 100 yds with 270 grn powerbelt 130 grns pyrodex pellets) My buddy has the triumph and it shoots just as good for half the price

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:30 am

As much as they want for an Encore it should drive tacks out of the box and if it doesn't T/C should be embarrased enough to make it right at no cost to the owner. The reason you pony up the dough for the high end stuff is not to have to fix it up.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae

Bigd7400
Spike
Spike

Post by Bigd7400 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:21 pm

I have had the same ML up until this year, a Knight MK85 and for the last 12 years it has been my go to firearm. I really hate to give it up as it shoots 3/4" groups at 75 yards and hold that pattern even after 4-5 shots(hard to get the sabot down the barrel though). I broke down and bought a new CVA Optima Pro and I will honestly tell you that it shoots dang near as good. 100 grains of pyrodex powder(not pellets) and a 240grn TC jacketed HP and its a 1" or less gun at 100 yd. It was a steal at $219 from the Sportsmans guide and a heck of a lot easier to clean than the Knight. Its purdy too (stainless fluted barrel and camo stock).
Dreaming of tall tines a straight shots.