Smoked Pork!

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
PLP
Spike
Spike

Smoked Pork!

Post by PLP » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Here's a few porkchops I got on public land in the last year...I'm shooting a .50 cal T/C triumph with an omega scope,and a 250gr shockwave with 150gr of pyrodex pellets.

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Re: Smoked Pork!

Post by maintguy47 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:29 pm

I haven't seen that many hogs since I moved out of FL. Good looking hogs.Some darn fine shots from the looks of those holes. Thanks for shareing the photos.

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:34 am

Wow that is a lot of hogs! :thumb
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:37 am

Nice shooting! i have been dying to give hog hunting a try. since you hunt them tell me. do the taste good? I love pork. but i am not sure if wild hog is good or stringy and tough
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

PLP
Spike
Spike

Post by PLP » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Thanks guys!
one hunting fool wrote:Nice shooting! i have been dying to give hog hunting a try. since you hunt them tell me. do the taste good? I love pork. but i am not sure if wild hog is good or stringy and tough
Yes sir they are..to me anyways!It's all in the way you cook it.We make BBQ,grill it,and I fry backstraps up all the time.We love it!If you ever wanted to come way over here to GA and give 'em a shot....You just pm me,and I will help you out.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:23 pm

haaaa watch it i may take you up on that. my brother is moving to GA this year i may have to hit him up for a place to stay. we could swap hunts. problem is there are way more hogs than deer and elk combined in utah. :-k
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:47 pm

All in one year? Dad gum, impressive. So I assume there's no limit on them. :thumb

huntfishnv
2 point
2 point

Post by huntfishnv » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:02 pm

This pics really cool, good job!

The Buck Stops Here

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:21 am

Looks like snow on the ground in the your pic with the brown hog... I didn't think it snowed in Georgia. Makes me wish we had some good hog huntin around here.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae

PLP
Spike
Spike

Post by PLP » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:54 pm

MuleyMadness wrote:All in one year? Dad gum, impressive. So I assume there's no limit on them. :thumb
I took those 11 hogs during a 4 month period..from November 2009 to Feb 2010 I'm back to using a rifle now.We have certain times we must use muzzleloaders on the different pieces of land I hunt.

one hunting fool wrote:haaaa watch it i may take you up on that. my brother is moving to GA this year i may have to hit him up for a place to stay. we could swap hunts. problem is there are way more hogs than deer and elk combined in utah. :-k
LOL..yeah we have alot of hogs..I doubt I could ever even draw a tag in utah,but you give me a hollar when you do come this way.I love hog huntin,and I like to help people out too.If you want to go just let me know.

Loafer wrote:Looks like snow on the ground in the your pic with the brown hog... I didn't think it snowed in Georgia. Makes me wish we had some good hog huntin around here.
That was the first snow we have had down here in my part since 1987..lol..I wanted so bad to track em in the snow,but it had already melted too much by daylight.I wanted a pic with snow in it bad,and pushed myself too hard.I missed a nice boar after daylight,but got that sow shortly afterwards.I found the last little bit of snow and got a pic.

Thanks guys!