Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
huntingal
Spike
Spike

A Few Sheds

Post by huntingal » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:25 am

Just thought I would share a few of my sheds
The pict doesn't due them much justice, the red tape alond the side is 5'
Starting at the top the elk shed on the left is one I found this archery season, its the only part of an elk that came out of the woods with me :)
The elk shed on the right is one of the first I ever picked up. I was about 12 and we had just finished checking cows on our summer grazing permit. We were trotting back to the pickup (up the main road) when I glanced to the side and saw it laying in the oakbrush, when we got back to the pickup I told my dad what I saw and he said "well, why didn't you pick it up?" I trotted right back and grabbed it. Most elk around where it was found never grow that big (lots of hunting presure).
The next row is a few found while hunting or checking cows (if I wasn't rushed)
The large brown set of deer antlers were found by my husband. He had never found any good sheds and doen't have the patience to look. One spring I talked him into going shed hunting with me and we went to a place I knew the deer wintered. He wasn't to excited but I told him to make a circle one way and I would go another. When we met back up he had a big grin, said he hadn't gone 50 yard form the pickup and found them under the same tree! Beginners luck! :)) I havn't conviced him to go again since, sayes he want's to go out on top!
The last set (white on the bottom row) I just found almost in my back yard. The left side I found three weeks ago coyote hunting. I had just hit a coyote and walked to where he was standing at the shot (just off the side of a pond bank), looking back to where I had been sitting I could see it under a sagebush, next to the road (walked right by it coming in). I looked for the other side for a while then went on with the coyote hunting. Two weeks later I was taking some friends out elk hunting in the same area, this time I walked above the pond bank and low-and-behold there was the other side! =D>

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:37 am

I'm glad to see you like to pick up sheds also.

Great pic, you definitely have some GREAT sheds in there.

Thanks
for sharing.

chet
Monster
Monster

Post by chet » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:27 pm

nice finds!

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:50 pm

great finds!!!
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Torch
3 point
3 point

Post by Torch » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:33 am

Those are some great sheds! Thanks for sharing.

Utahbowhunter
Monster
Monster

Post by Utahbowhunter » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:36 pm

you got a couple of nice sheds there! :thumb :thumb

kadejones2
Monster
Monster

Post by kadejones2 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:02 pm

nice shed i like to see that someone is finding them i havent found any in a long time

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:02 am

That a nice collection of sheds.