When??

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
amp713
2 point
2 point

Re: When??

Post by amp713 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:19 pm

Springville Shooter wrote:I went out yesterday and all I saw was bucks and bulls running around with the horns still nicely attached to their heads. My area must be a little late. I'm new to this stuff.-----shooter

So i live in ogden so im around an hour further north than springville. Do sheds drop later the further north you go?? seems like st. george guys are finding alot??? Im just trying to figure out this shed hunting thing.....
Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Re: When??

Post by NotEnufTags » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:33 pm

amp713 wrote:
Springville Shooter wrote:I went out yesterday and all I saw was bucks and bulls running around with the horns still nicely attached to their heads. My area must be a little late. I'm new to this stuff.-----shooter

So i live in ogden so im around an hour further north than springville. Do sheds drop later the further north you go?? seems like st. george guys are finding alot??? Im just trying to figure out this shed hunting thing.....
It depends on the herd. I'm here in central Utah like shooter. Last year the boys from Team WAM (Wild Antler Magic) were posting up finds in mid to late janurary. They were gathering their finds not too far away from an area that the herd didn't drop until mid march. I don't know why the herds were affected so diferently. I think the best advice for you AMP is to just keep learning where they winter near you and then keep tabs on them. I know thats easier said than done when youre in school or working a lot. I'm certainly not a pro at this as it's only my second year and I'm still learning too. Best of luck to you.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."