pics from sat

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
killerbee

Re: pics from sat

Post by killerbee » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:01 pm

AGCHAWK wrote: BTW: Killerbee, in case you read this: I saw a BEAUTIFUL full curl ram at the mouth of the John Day on Sunday. Man, I wish I had taken my camera on that trip! I actually saw over 30 head but he was far and away the most impressive!
there are some whoppers in there aren't there?my wife gets so P.o.'d when we drive up to hermistin to visit friends. i'm usually taking up both lanes of traffic trying to spot sheep! but i love that drive, seems like i spot sheep almost every trip. i try to always take my camera now, problem is the exits are so far apart sometimes you have to drive 10 miles to hit an exit to go bach another 12 miles to take an exit back the direction you were going, thenget people honking at me for going 15 miles an hr making sure i dont drive past them...... [ well i've done it a couple times lol ] they are fun to see. last week on the eastmans hunting channel there was a 2 part eppisode where they did that float with someone who drew the tag. that is my DREAM sheep hunt! it was very cool to see a full video of it.
oh and yeap, YOU SHOULDA HAD YOUR CAMERA!! :thumb

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:12 am

I hadn't realized how many sheep were in that area. I make that drive along I-84 every once in a while when the passes here in WA are closed (This weekend they were getting pounded with snow) but hadn't been through there in about 2 years. Even then, I never remember seeing so many sheep along that highway. (If I had I would have most certainly had my camera with me)

I am just like you , my friend. I was driving about 20 mph and kept stopping to check out the sheep....the whole while folks were honking at me and going around me...LOL. I'm sure I got a few of the "one finger waves" and was called every name in the book but I was enjoying myself.

Floating the John Day for sheep, huh? Man, I bet that was one heck of a fun hunt!!! I'm sure they were floating it WAY FURTHER upriver than were I was (John Day/Columbia confluence along I-84) since, and correct me if I am wrong here, the John Day turnes into something of a small stream around McDonald, OR before picking up steam again prior to hitting the Columbia.

230+
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 230+ » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:28 pm

looks good. Thanks for showing us the pics. That 3 pt. is a good one!

500mag
2 point
2 point

Post by 500mag » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:27 pm

my dad sunday night had a small 2pt at his house that was still packing. he took a video of it to show me that way i would believe him.
One day I will find the BIG ONE!!