Utah Prohibits Shed Antler Collection Until May 1

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:51 pm

Well I agree with huntenfever, I'm sure it's to keep folks from pluggin' a big buck or bull illegally and then going back and picking up the skull/rack later and claiming that it was killed by predators/hunter who lost it after wounding it/etc.

Killerbee, I would assume that that's why in Oregon you have to tag it.

NONYA, the bighorn rule is the same in WA...in fact, I believe MOST states have similar laws regarding sheep. I know you can't sell or possess bighorn skulls, horns, mounts, etc without a permit of some sort...if at all.

I've been trying to find out how many states have similar rules regarding picking up antlers or horns still attached to the skull plate. Man, I think I bit off more than I can chew (Some of the state game rules/proclamations are extremely wordy!!!)

Elko
2 point
2 point

Post by Elko » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:59 pm

I can't remember where i saw it but it said in Utah if you come across a skull plate with antlers attached you should call the fish and game. My question is does anybody know what they do when that happens? I am just curious to know if they let you keep it if they can determine it wasn't poached, if that is possible.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:31 pm

well my cousin found a big dead bull once and the called F&G and the officer didnt let him keep the skull
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Utahbowhunter
Monster
Monster

Post by Utahbowhunter » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:31 pm

Why did people have to start chasing the deer. holy cow. when i go shed hunting... we leave the elk and deer alone if they have their antlers still on. we just know where they will be at when they drop so then we can go look for them there. i wish people had brains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO OFFENCE!!!!!
OH yeah... they make it illegal to pick up dead bucks with the antlers still attached because people will go out and poach deer then go put them somewhere where they wont be found and then come back and get them after all the hair is gone!

cutbank
Fawn
Fawn

Post by cutbank » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:47 pm

nonya if you are in the cmr you cannot pickup sheds or any type of carcass any wherre else you can right?
born to hunt