Elk Horns

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Elk Horns

Post by shedhunter » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:01 am

How has everyone been doing??? I haven't been on for a while, so I havent got to tell much of my success' and failures! All in all my brother dad and I have had a pretty awesome year so far! I havent found too much, and nothing big, but all of us together have did unexpectedly well! We are up to 60-something elk horns and quite a few of them browns (I lost track a while ago). My brother had a 10 brown horn day Saturday with his buddy also finding 3 more. My dad and a friend both picked up a side to a 360" bull with awesome mass (a 10" mass measurement on his H-4, its really webbed out on the one side). The friend gave the match to my dad, because he found his side first. Talk about a true sportsmen!! We owe him one for sure! Other than that a 340" bull and some smaller stuff. For 7 trips we are doing ok. If I can scrounge up that pesky camera Maybe I'll get photos on here. Good luck!! and dont be afraid to get out there, get off your ATV, and HIKE!!! The animals dont need the added pressure of people crusading throught their winter range on a fourwheeler, motercycle or even a plane! Competition is out there, but seriously sit back and think why you are even doing it!
~shedhunter~

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:34 am

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, :thumb

Sounds awesome!

dead shot
Spike
Spike

Post by dead shot » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:09 pm

yeah, we want to see some pictures. :1

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Camera problems

Post by shedhunter » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:53 pm

Having camera problems! I'll try to get it resolved and send some pics to MuleyMadness so he can post them for me. Sorry guys!
~shedhunter~

shorty
2 point
2 point

Post by shorty » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:38 pm

Well it is ok but i would like to see some pics to